Friday, April 10, 2009

Stormy Weather

Hey, Y'all,
We woke up to thunderstorms and rain this morning, and I didn't know if I wanted to hazard a trip to Knoxville today, until it cleared up about 10 a.m. Then I thought, "why not?". By that time, Gramps and I were already dressed for the day, and had breakfast. So, I called Mae and Imazo and told them we would be there.

I cooked the chicken for the chicken pot pie I am making for Monday's evening meal, and put it in the fridge before we left for Knoxville.

We got into Knoxville in time for me to take Mae for her hair appointment and she didn't have to drive herself. I know her children would love for her to give up driving, and any time I can, I take her where she needs to go. She will be 90 in November, and is still driving locally when she can.

We had lunch at Imazo's. She had sandwich fixings for us, and we ate. Then we repaired to the back of the house where she has her television, and we watched the movie I had brought with me. It was a movie called "Johnny and Clyde", about a boy and his family and the dog they adopted (or actually who adopted them). It was really funny and we all laughed and enjoyed the movie.

Mae borrowed it to show to her great grandchildren on Easter Sunday when they are going to be at her house to have Easter dinner and hunt for Easter Eggs. I am so glad that I thought of our having a Friday Movie afternoon. I just wish I had thought of it while Hugh was still living. I know how much he would have enjoyed it, too.

I was able to take Imazo to get her prescriptions filled this afternoon while Mae was getting her hair done, then I picked up Mae at the beauty shop, and we had our lunch, then watched the movie.

We got home about 5 p.m., after driving through the rainstorm,which wasn't too bad. I thought about taking a nap, and decided it was the thing to do. So i did.

I have been thinking about my upcoming surgery, (naturally) and so far, I am feeling quite calm about it. I hope I can continue to feel this calm, and just trusting that it will turn out okay. I appreciate all the prayers that are being offered up for me. Thank you all so very much.

Tomorrow will probably be spent working on the next row of the quilt I am making for Will. I have yet to balance my bank account for the month, so I guess I will do that as well.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day. More tomorrow. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

3 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hello Ruby, pleased you had a good day Friday, I am positive you future surgery will go well but it'sonly natural to be a wee bit apprehesive. Hope Gramps is fine.
Have a lovely Easter both of you.
Take care.

Yvonne.

Judy said...

Your Friday movies sound great. I bet it is so much fun to get together with everyone and watch a good movie. We get a movie a week from Netflix and usually watch it on Saturday night. We had bad storms here yesterday and several tornadoes touched down in surrounding counties but today has been beautiful. I have been to Walmart to buy flowers and potting soil. Have a great Easter.

Paula said...

We're praying for you and your upcoming surgery.