Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy Day Monday

Hey, Y'all,
Today has been one of those busy, happy days. Happy because I have been busy doing things I wanted to do. I was up early this morning, had breakfast, got breakfast ready for Gramps and headed in to Knoxville. I was there by 9:20 at Mae's house to get her and headed on to Imazo's house and we switched cars (mine being a little two-door and hers being a midsize 4-door and much easier for them to get in and out of.)

We headed out of town then toward Jefferson City, and went to Jefferson Memorial Hospital where Imazo's grandson, Thomas, was involved in selling jewelry as a fund-raiser for the hospital. He works for a company that does fundraising and the hospitals get a percentage of the money from the sales, by providing a place for the sales. Needless to say, we bought some really pretty jewelry, and I bought more probably than I should have, but it makes great gifts, don't you know!

After we had finished shopping, (and hugged Thomas a couple of times) we left and went to The Gondolier Restaurant for lunch. We each ordered a grilled chicken salad that had a lot of greens, cucumbers, feta cheese, green peppers, tomato wedges, olives, banana peppers, along with strips of chicken. Yum! It was really good. Mae and I couldn't eat all of ours, so we got togo boxes.

When we left, we headed for my house and Gramps was just getting ready to eat a cheese sandwich when we got here. He was happy to get the rest of my salad. After a few minutes, Mae, Imazo and I headed back to Knoxville, where we stopped at a grocery so they could get some milk. Then we dropped Mae at her home, and went on to take Imazo to the bank for some business there. We then headed on to Imazo's and after I switched cars, I headed on home. No matter what the three of us do, we have a great time together!

I got home about 2:30 and began preparing the supper for tonight. It didn't take me long to get the chicken pot pie ready and into the oven. I had already baked the brownies last night for tonight's dessert. Everything was ready, the table was set, and dirty pots and pans had been washed and put away when the neighbors arrived at 5 p.m. We had a great time eating supper and then we cleared off the table, loaded the dishwasher and began our game of dominoes.

Around 7 p.m. we stopped for our dessert, and added ice cream to the brownies. Yum! Too soon, it was time for them to leave and go home. I really love having them come to eat with us. I guess I am just a good-time girl (using the term 'girl' loosely. ha).

Tomorrow, I go back into Knoxville to preregister for my surgery scheduled on Friday. I called my eye doctor today to find out if I am supposed to be still using the steroid/antibiotic eye drops. The nurse called back and told me not to use them anymore. I told her my eye is still seeing blurry, and she said when I get new glasses that will improve. I have my doubts on that, but we shall see (I hope I do, ha ha).

That is about it for tonight. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off. More tomorrow. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Your salad sounds so good and so does the brownie with ice cream. I have a real big sweet tooth especially for anything with ice cream on it. You girls have such a good time.

Tanya said...

what is your surgery for? I must have missed that somehow. Can't wait to see you this weekend!!