Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still Cool Outside

Hey, Y'all,
Well, it is still wintery outside and I have been up since 7 a.m. this morning. I hear a helicopter flying over right now, either on its way to pick up someone or carrying someone to be helped medically. We are in the path of the Lifestar helicopters when they travel to upper East Tennessee to pick up emergency patients.

Vegetable beef soup is cooking in my crockpot in preparation for supper tonight. We are having Mark and Allie and Jennifer coming for supper this evening. It has been a while since we have seen Jennifer. She called last night checking on me because she had heard from Judy about my illness. We look forward to seeing all three of them this evening. I'll be making apple dumplings for dessert tonight.

I have the house to vacuum sometime today and the kitchen to clean in a little while.
I spent a while this morning cleaning out and rearranging the freezer and refrigerator.
Yesterday was spent sitting on the couch, watching television and doing handstitching on Will's quilt. Of course, I took time to do lunch and supper for Gramps and me.

It is going on ten a.m. now, and I need to get a few things done (like get dressed and carry off the trash). I plan to do some more working on the quilt this afternoon. I may also run in to the grocery when I carry off the trash. My refrigerator is beginning to look like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard. There is also my bank statement to balance sometime today. I just never run out of things to do. Some are fun, some are not.

Imazo is improving and I am glad to report that. Her sister, Barbara, is great grandma for a second time. The new baby is a boy, and I'm sure he is beautiful. Mae is still shook up over the way she was robbed (scammed) and there are still repercussions from that. I know they are both having some difficulty dealing with my upcoming surgery, but I am sure it will all come out the way it is supposed to...

Well, gotta go now, and get things done. We are still planning on having our Movie day this Friday afternoon. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Love to all of you and thank you for the prayers. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Yesterday was a day like in the middle of winter. There was a white out at one time. I had to go for my treatment and my sister-in-law who always goes with me was snowed in in Carter County. It wasn't quite that bad at my house, so I just bundled up in my winter coat and drove myself to have my treatment. Things are looking better this morning. I can hear my Mother say, "That Blessed Sunshine." That's the way I feel this morning. Have a good day!

Paula said...

Am praying for you and your Dear Hubby!!

Judy said...

It has been cold here, too. We had frost the last two nights but it is in the 60s today. I have been planting some seeds in pots. Your meal sounds wonderful with the pork tenderloin and the games sound like fun, too. Hope you are feeling o.k.