Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring, Anybody?

Hey, Y'all,
Yesterday afternoon was so beautiful that I could sit out on my front porch and chat with my neighbor, Kelly, who came up to visit. We did have a lovely chat and got to know each other a little better. She and her husband, Jim, live in the house that used to belong to my family and they live just a stone's throw from Gramps and me. You will be hearing more about Jim and Kelly in the days to come. They are delightful people and good to know.

Then, a few hours later, it was turning cool and last night was cold. I had an appointment this morning with my cardiologist and had to wear my winter coat, and glad to have it. I believe the high for today was 46 and tonight it is supposed to be in the 30's. Spring, where are you?

My appointment with the heart doctor today turned out well. He told me my condition remains unchanged over the last year and I should be okay to have the surgery on the 17th. I found out from talking to the surgeon's nurse this afternoon that my surgery will be somewhere around 2:30 or 3:00 p.m.

This evening, our neighbors on the hill came for supper and we had a really great time. I had sliced a couple of tenderloins last night and made a marinade for them. The marinade was composed of some soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic powder, rosemary, a dash of hot sauce, dry basil and a half can of diet A&W root beer. Last night I placed some heavy aluminum foil in the crock pot, added the tenderloin and the marinade, folded the foil over the whole thing, covered the crock pot container and stored it all overnight in the fridge. This morning I put the crock pot container into the crock pot cooker, set it to cook on high, and left it until about 2 p.m. today and then turned it onto low. Needless to say, it was delicious.

We had baked sweet potatoes, cooked kale greens, cooked squash (yellow and zucchini together) and toasted sliced french bread. I melted some butter, added garlic powder, and put it on the sliced bread before I toasted it under the broiler in the oven. For dessert, we had chocolate eclair dessert.

We had a lot of fun after supper playing the game "Aggravation". It was so much fun, and I completely forgot about my upcoming surgery for the whole evening.

We saw some snow flurrying around this evening, and who knows, we may get some accumulation tonight.

Tomorrow I plan to do some more on Will's quilt. It is coming along s-l-o-w-l-y..but surely.

Granps thought I was having my surgery today, and told several people who called that I was. When I came home, he said he had a lot of people praying for me today. I said, "Good, we can never have too many prayers, can we?" He was glad I hadn't had the surgery today, too.

He and I have not been sleeping too well, I guess because we realize what this surgery could mean for both of us. He told me that he knows he could not stay here alone if I did not survive the surgery and I think is okay with our plan for him to live with Tom and Teresa if that should happpen.

Well, it is getting late, and I really need to go to bed soon. It has been a long day. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the evening. Love to all of you. Bye for now.


Barbara said...

Glad your heart DR. app. was good.
I also hope and pray your surgery goes well.We got our new baby at 5:25p.m. Monday. all is well there
so far. Well have a great day,
By for now, Barbara TN said...

Praying here that your surgery goes well and you will be back on your feet in a very short time. It seems the anxiety is the worse part. I pray God will calm your fears and keep you directly under His loving care. We love you!!!!