Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday on a Rainy Day

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, it's raining here and stormed quite a bit during the night, (according to one of the nurses), but I didn't hear it. I was listening for Gramps to tell me he needed something. And of course, he did several times. He wanted the door closed to the room because he thinks it is cooler in the room with the door open. Consequently, my sleep suffered again. He won't ring the buzzer for help (or can't remember where it is). If I go to sleep during this post, it will probably go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz like I used to do in Dr. Burt's history class at C-N in the summertime just after lunch each day. It is a wonder he passed me with a B in that class. Fortunately, I studied and was able to reasonably pass the tests. ha.

Gramps is in group therapy right now. They have an abbreviated therapy on Saturday and none on Sundays. When they told me yesterday that he was going to be in group therapy today, it made me think of the old Bob Newhart Show where he was a psychologist and had the group of people for group therapy. I remembered how they argued and fussed among themselves. It made me wonder if the group therapy here was anything like that. ha ha. I know it isn't though.

He is getting a little stronger every day but still not in top form yet. I know he will be glad to be back home, as will I. There is not a lot to write about here. I have found a shower room next door to us, and have been able to shower there about 6 a.m. in the mornings before anyone is out and about. Being an early riser has its benefits, you know.

Gramps was able to talk on my cell phone to our friend, Judy, and to my brother, Hugh, and his wife, Imazo. He has had no trouble talking to people, especially in the last few days. His speech has not been slurred, and I am not sure he has had more than mini-strokes. But, of course, that is bad enough. I will be glad when he gets his balance back. I am sure he will eventually. He is still having a headache, but it is not as bad as before. Tylenol seems to be taking care of them. He had a slight fever (99.0) this morning but the PCT (patient care technician - used to be called aide or LPN) said they don't worry about a fever until it is over a hundred.

Well, I need to check and see how group therapy is going. More from Blabbin' Grammy later. Love to you all. Bye for now.

1 comment: TN said...

Hi Grammy, I know how it is when someone calls your name several times a day (and night) Sometimes I think I will change mine! LOL Just kidding! I started a notebook a while back, and some days, I write down everytime Bill calls my name, and what he wants. He woke me up at 5:00 this morning to ask me what time our son got home last night. I heard him come in, but I didn't look at the clock. (Our son is 43 years old.) Bill thinks he is still 14. Anyway, hope you get home soon. Take Care! Love, Clara