Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lazy Day Saturday

Hey, Y'all,
This morning I was up early because I had a stack of papers, bills, and other things that needed filing. I also had my bank account to reconcile for the past two times. I do really hate to get into it, but it was time because we had been gone so much over the past 7 weeks. First to Illinois, and then to Ohio.

I let Gramps sleep in this morning (the first time in four weeks that he had gotten to sleep late in the morning). Tomorrow, however, he gets up at a normal time and has a shower and gets ready for a Sunday day.

I did get him up about noon or 12:30 and he only got two meals today because he slept through the normal breakfast time. I went out and brought the Colonel home for supper. (In case you have never heard that expression, I went to KFC and brought home chicken strip meals). He spent most of the day watching two football games on TV and unfortunately saw UT lose to Auburn University. Too bad!

This afternoon, I did use a new cleaning aid and mopped the kitchen with it. It is called a Wet Swiffer. Really neat! Much easier than the mop I was using. It kept my back from being worn out so much. I have to get up in the morning and vacuum the carpet throughout the house. I can do that and maybe wake up Gramps in the process. Ha.

I talked to my sister-in-law in Phoenix this afternoon. My brother, John, is continuing to decline in health, and his heart action is down to 5 percent of what it should be. As I have stated previously, he is under hospice supervision, and is not expected to live a lot longer. Of course, they don't know how long he has left, but I know he is a Christian and ready to go whenever the Lord calls him home.

Gramps is continuing to improve daily, and we thank God for that.

Well, not much else going on today. As I said, it has been a lazy kind of day today. I have enjoyed just taking it easy and reading and playing on my computer.

No church tomorrow, but we will be ready in case anyone wants to stop in and visit with us We always like having company. I am a very social type and Gramps likes to see people as well.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Tomorrow, I am going to answer six questions that have been proposed to me by a fellow blogger, Clara. Good night for now. Hope you have a good rest, and I will see you tomorrow. Love to you all,
Grammy who is a Blabber. Bye.

No comments: