Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Sewing Grammy

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I have been thinking over the past few days about what I would like to post when I can get around to it. My hands have been busy for the last little while, working on Teresa's quilt and not really considering anyone would miss my ramblings. However, I got a reminder from a dear friend of mine that people do become concerned when they don't hear from me. (Imagine that?)

I have begun assembling the quilt and yesterday I moved the sewing machine into the living room so that I can watch the big tevee as I work. Also, I am realizing that this quilt is going to have a lot of "character". Character in a quilt is when it has flaws in the workmanship. Ha. The first strip I put together, I was not happy with the first time I stitched it together. I ripped it out twice and stitched it a third time, and still am not happy with it, but it will have to be as it is. I wanted perfect and am not getting it. I know it is because of the applique stitching around the pieces. Too late now. 

Three strips were assembled and I had pinned the fourth one when I quit at nine o'clock last evening. I did stop for breakfast, and lunch/supper. I did have some wonderful company yesterday - me and the tevee. The Lord was with me as well, as always. I did not go out anywhere yesterday and will not do so today. Tomorrow, however, is another matter. I have plans to go to lunch with a friend of mine named Mitzi. Aren't friends wonderful? I don't know her very well yet, since we just met a few weeks ago, but plan to get to know her better. 

I watched House last night, and enjoyed it again. Last season was not too good, but this one is better. I'm looking forward to seeing The Closer when it returns for a new season the last of this month. The seasons are just too short for that one. 

The weather is turning cooler and I have put my electric blanket back on my bed. Not turning it on yet, but it is ready any time the weather turns cool enough. It is supposed to be near 80 today, but turning cooler tomorrow, with a cold front moving in. I enjoy staying in and sewing, and just kind of hibernating. We are still in a drought in northern Texas, and in some counties, they have placed a restriction on watering lawns to one time every two weeks until in March. According to the weatherman, we are eleven inches behind on rainfall this year. All the lakes and rivers are down.

I reckon it is okay to announce that Andrew and Julia are expecting a little boy. (Another adorable great grandchild, and we are all looking forward to welcoming him!) He will have two older sisters, that I know will probably have a great time with him. Congrats to all of them! I love you all. 
I will love making a quilt for him, of course.

Well, that is about all the news for today. I am going to go have some breakfast in a bit. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. (Hi, Dot!...love you!)

 

1 comment:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

You must be very clever Ruby to do quilts, I can knit but my sewing leaaves much to be desired.

Yvonne.