Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Bathroom Commode in My Front Yard???

Hey, Y'all,
This week, I had a bathroom commode replaced in my guest bathroom, (so if you come to visit, you will have a place to use..ha). On Monday, I went to Home Depot and met with the young man who did the work for me, so that we could get the new commode and get it here. So, as we were walking through the store, we started discussing the old commode and what to do with it. He said he would carry it off for me, or I could just keep it if I wanted to. I replied, "Hey, I could just put it in the yard and plant daisies in it!"  He said, "Yeah, you would soon have the Homeowner's association meeting to discuss it." Then I commented that would be nothing compared to the reaction I would get from family.

A few minutes later, I just got so tickled, I started laughing out loud. A few of the other customers kind of looked at me like I was a little looney, because I was kind of by myself, since Scott had walked on ahead of me a ways. The more I thought about it the funnier it became as I pictured the commode sitting on my front lawn with flowers growing up through the seat. Ha ha ha ha. 

Anyway, Scott carried it off, so please don't worry. ha. Yesterday, Scott came back and installed grab bars in the shower in my bathroom and the guest bathroom as well. 
Don't those grab bars look really nice? 
Well, I was able to use the grab bars this morning, and they are wonderful and make me feel so much safer while in and getting out of the tub.

I have finished Teresa's quilt (one of them) and am on to other projects during these pre-Christmas days. I have quite a few of them to do, and I reckon keeping busy keeps me out of trouble. Ha (pretty much, that is). This morning, I am so hungry for Sausage gravy and biscuits, and I need to do some grocery shopping, so I am going to Le Peep's this morning for breakfast, then on to Kroger's for groceries. 

Yesterday afternoon was spent pressing cloth that I had laundered in preparation for some of my projects. Today is Wednesday, so I will be going to eat supper at the church and then staying for choir practice. I hope to get started on at least two of the projects today during the afternoon. 

Well, that is about it for today. It has turned cool here in northeast Texas, and I have turned the heat on in the house. I turn it off just before bedtime and turn on my electric blanket. Ahhhhhh! I love a cool room and a warm bed. 

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

5 comments:

Margo Kelly said...

I love quilting! I love washing the fabric and ironing it. It feels good. :)

Anonymous said...

Poosh... I was looking forward to your pictures of the front-yard flower-flusher! hee hee

I'm glad you are enjoying the new additions to your bathroom and are staying busy with all your projects!

Enjoy your day my friend,
Deb

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Reminds me of the story about the time all the toilets were stolen from the local police station. The perpetrator is still at large, because the police have nothing to go on...

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I loce to see home made quilts. saw some at a Amish village in PA when I was in the US earlier this year.

Take care.
Yvonne.

kelly said...

I keep seeing visions of a daisy-filled commode as a tombstone ... one would truly be pushing up daisies! Flushed like a fish when you "go" on to the great beyond!

Now THAT is giving me a giggle...