Monday, November 7, 2011

Recovering Very Nicely, Thank You

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I am in "recovery mode" and seem to be doing pretty well. There is some pain in my operated eye, but Tylenol works really well. Didn't really need the hydrocodone that was prescribed for pain. After all, a tough old bird doesn't really need the high pain control. Ha. Thank the Lord that I have a high pain tolerance!

I have been sewing some, but discovered last evening that since I can't really see with both eyes, I need to wait a few days before resuming a lot of sewing. For one thing, I am staying busy just putting eyedrops into my eyes. I have three different drops that must be put in four times a day, and I have to wait at least five minutes between drops. There are other eye drops that must be put in each hour to keep my eye moistened. Speaking of pains...what a pain that is! Ha. 

I have a clear contact lens in my operated eye, and that lens will be removed when I return on Friday morning to the doctor so he can remove it. If it comes out before then, I am to immediately notify them so I can get it replaced. I haven't tried driving yet, but will do so on Friday to return to the doctor. 

My repairman, Scott, will be returning sometime today to repair the leaky commode in my guest bathroom. He did a super job on the garage ceiling, and I am so thankful for that. 

My sleeping in the recliner has been going fairly well. I can sleep as much and as well in the recliner as I have been sleeping in my bed, thank goodness! 

Mitzi is coming by this afternoon to take me to eat with the seniors. We are going to the Cotton Patch Cafe for supper.

Are you coping well with the time change back to Standard Time? It doesn't make a great deal of difference to me, except for the earlier darktime. I really do love the Daylight Savings Time, though. 

Well, that is about it for today. More rest today, I guess. I need to fold clothes from laundry I did the other day, and will do that after breakfast. Right now, I need to do the eye drops. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Pleased your eye is recovering well. Hope you're not in too much pain.

Take care.
Yvonne.

Barbara said...

Please be patient while I work with my computer a few minutes