Saturday, November 19, 2011

They Wuz Pickin' and I Wuz Grinnin'

Hey, Y'all,
Last evening, friend Joe and his sweet wife picked me up and took me with them to hear a group of country/bluegrass singers and pickers. It was really heartwarming to see and hear them. After they played the Star Spangled Banner, they ripped into Rocky Top. Now, anyone who has ever seen a University of Tennessee Football game knows that is the number one song played during a game, especially when UT scores a touchdown. During the week preceding a football game, fans get revved up when they hear it played on Tennessee radio stations. Hearing it played and sung last night just warmed the cockles of me heart. Made me feel like crying, too. Just for a bit, you understand. The group playing was honoring Decca Records who were a big producer of country and bluegrass music back in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. Music I grew up on and still love to this day. Along with others in the audience, I clapped enthusiastically, cheered, sang along, tapped my feet and just generally enjoyed the whole shebang. 

Today, I am going shopping at the mall with Carol. She will be here in a few minutes so I had better close this one off. Teresa is doing well and is able to walk without pain. Ain't God Good? This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Ahh Good old Rocky Top/Rocky Top Tennessee//Love it..Hope you have a great time shopping.We have a lovely day today,low 60's,Glad Teresa is doing okay.Can't keep a good woman down.Barbara

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Pleased you had a good night last night. Hope you didn't spend all your money today.

Take care Ruby.
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you got to hear the Tennessee song!