Sunday, November 13, 2011

Robbed at Church

Hey, Y'all,
Well, they say a person can't be real trusting of others and I guess I discovered that for myself (again) today. After Sunday School this morning, I had a need to stop off in the ladies "necessary" room. We have a traditional service at 8:15, then everyone has Sunday School. So, I was about ready to leave the church. I hate to take my pocketbook and Bible and choir folder into the stall with me, so I just leave it on the wash basin and pick it up after I wash my hands. 

Well, I decided to have a KFC snack (one piece of chicken/one side dish with a biscuit) and proceeded to KFC. I got there and opened my purse to take out my little change purse/credit card holder. LO and behold, it was missing. I thought back over the morning and realized I must have taken it out in the classroom to remove the little eye drop packet I had to take with me. (Eye drops every hour) so I went back to the church and searched in the classroom. It wasn't there. I proceeded to the back pew where I had been sitting during church - not there either. Then on out and into the rest room. There next to the wall, and on the basin sat my credit card holder/purse. With great relief, I picked it up and came back out into the atrium. A couple of ladies that are friends of mine were sitting there and I told them about my plight, and said, "thank goodness, I found it". 

I opened it then and saw my credit cards were okay, and then opened the other part of it, and saw that the cash I had in it was gone. I am not sure how much of it I had, but it was at least $40.00 and could have been as much as 60. Apparently that was all they took. I am fortunate that they didn't have time (apparently) to take my credit cards. I guess they were just after fast cash.  (I guess the temple that Jesus cleansed was not the only one with thieves and robbers, eh?)

Well, that was my little misadventure of today. I made the raisin pie last evening and am making the squash casserole after while. I have a couple of hours before I need to begin that. 

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

8 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

How could anyone steal from anyone beats me and at a church of all places. As you say your credit cards are ok......that's one consolation but a nasty experience for you.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Barbara said...

Oh my,that is terrible.So glad your credit cards wasn't stolen.That means a person in that church stole from you.So sad,all you can do is pray for them.love ya,Barbara

myletterstoemily said...

oh dear, that makes me sad. in church????

i would love to have your raisin pie recipe
as that is my worship pastor's favorite!

Wanda said...

Now that's a sad state of affair that people have little reverence for the house of God than to steal even there.

Grammy said...

Yes, You all. I agree, it is a sad state of affairs, but after all, not every one who attends church is a Christian, and that is good, because as long as they are coming, there is a chance that they will accept Christ and change their ways... right?
I will publish the recipe tomorrow. My eyes are not seeing too well right now. They are tired.
Love, Ruby

Daniel Bennett said...

What a great attitude, Grandma! I'm sorry your money was stolen but encouraged by your response to it!

Anonymous said...

Well Grammy, I pray that the Lord would restore to you what was taken, and that He would work on the heart of the person who took your money and that they'd be drawn to repentance and ultimately to salvation in Jesus.
Bless you my friend. Deb

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

How heartbreaking, but I trust that it'd take more than this one incident to stop you from trusting other people. They can steal your money, but don't let 'em steal your kind and trusting heart! (Still, especially in this economy, it might be best not to leave money lying around. Honesty can be sorely tempted when the cabinet is bare.)