Thursday, October 27, 2011

Soup's On and Medicaid Insurance Letters

Hey, Y'all,
Well, today dawned cooler and is turning even cooler, so I decided (after hearing the weather forecast last night) that I would have vegetable beef soup for my lunch/supper today. So about 7 a.m. I went into the kitchen and took the package of stew beef from the fridge and found the very leanest parts of it (with no white strips in it) and cut them into very tiny pieces. The other pieces I put back into the fridge to go into the garbage bag in the morning to toss out. A waste of good meat, you say? Nah, not when you are trying to watch the amount of fat going into your arteries. 

Anyhoo, I saved about half of the good beef and put it into the freezer for future soup, and the other half I put into the tiny crockpot which was already set on 'High' and added a can of unsalted diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings, a small half bag of frozen soup vegetables, a little bit of water, some Louisiana Hot sauce for "kick" and slapped the lid on the crock pot. YUM! It is simmering, even as I write. 

Yesterday was a quite busy day for me. I went to Wednesday Bible Study at Countryside, then dropped off my rider at her home, went on to Walmart to return unfitting clothing, and then to Kroger's to get groceries. I checked my cellphone, which had been on 'silent' while in Bible Study, and saw that daughter, Carol, had just called. I returned the call and she invited me to eat lunch with her, and of course, I welcomed the opportunity. We met at Mooyah's and had a small burger and fries. I ate about half of mine and left the rest. We had a good time talking while eating and then she went to run errands and I returned to Kroger's to get groceries.

I got home in time to watch a Closer rerun, and put away my groceries. I was a little worn out, so I watched tevee until around 5 p.m. and then went to my church for supper and choir practice. Finally, I arrived back home around 7:30 and decided to sew some more. I did another panel of the quilt I am making, and now just have another seven to do before beginning to put it all together. It is getting really exciting, don't you know?

Today is going to be a "stay in and sew day". It is supposed to rain a little later today and I always look forward to days like this. I don't have to worry about dressing and can just be in my gown and housecoat all day. Yeah...kind of a slob day. 

Before I went into the kitchen to prepare my breakfast, I started a panel of the quilt and will finish it after I get through here with my blog post for today. Oh, yeah, I took a bill down to the mail box this morning to mail, and got yesterday's mail from the box. It is that time of year when older citizens get all the mail trying to convince us to change our Medicare Insurance companies. Here in Texas, we also get a lot of mail trying to persuade us to change our electricity
carriers. It is not like East Tennessee where we have just one carrier available. The electric companies here have been deregulated and can charge whatever they choose according to the increase in usage. I am still getting a lot of mail from the insurance companies addressed to my deceased husband.

Speaking of my post, I reckon maybe I have finished it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 


Angela Felsted said...

Much love to you too. It seems like you got a lot done.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Hi Ruby you have been busy.

Take care

Patricia Stoltey said...

Homemade vegetable soup is so delicious. That's exactly what I fixed today.

Barbara said...

trying again, be patient with me