Friday, December 12, 2008

No Snow and I am not Snowing You

Hey, Y'all,
Yep, no snow, and was I really glad! It has been a busy day, though. When I realized this morning when I woke up that the ground was dry and the weather clear, I knew I could get my Christmas shopping finished if I was diligent enough.

After breakfast, I told Gramps (who was still abed) that I would be back later. Then I put on my heavy coat (actually one belonging to Gramps), and headed out the door.
I went to Walgreens for some purchases, then on to Lowe's and Walmart.

When I got home two hours later, Gramps was up and looking for breakfast. He had a wild story for me about going to a lower floor and seeing a lot of stuff piled up and a girl was down there. I figured he had either had a very realistic dream or had come into the kitchen and saw the pile of stuff in the floor that I had purchased and not wrapped. Anyway, he had breakfast and I had lunch.

I began then wrapping gifts to ready them for sending off tomorrow. Then Darlene called to tell me that John is sinking fast and may not last through the weekend. I just pray that he will go peacefully without pain. I know he is ready to go, and he will soon be at peace. What a reunion he will have with my sister, two brothers and our parents!

Yesterday, I told you about the craft I had made. I decided to give it to our new neighbors who moved in next door a couple of months ago. Scott, the husband and father of the family, was here installing some handgrips for Gramps to use in the bathroom. Mark had asked him to do that for us. It was raining cats and dogs (they almost stepped into a poodle, I think).

Scott and the two younger children came back later and brought our mail up from our box down on the road. They told me how much they liked the little ornament tree, and of course, I was very glad that they liked it.

My brother, Hugh, who lives in Knoxville, went to his nephrologist today, and had the amount of lasix that he takes increased to help take care of the fluid that has gathered in his body. Hugh is quite often in pain when he walks, caused by shortness of breath, and aches in his joints. The doctor advised him that the option of going on dialysis is always open for him, and that there are two kinds of dialysis. One kind, the patient goes three days a week to a dialysis center. The other kind, the patient can do himself at home each night. Hugh is not ready for that yet.

I am hoping to get the packages sent tomorrow. I may send them by UPS instead of mailing them. UPS is open all day, and the post office closes at 10:30 a.m.

Hugh's and Imazo's son, David, and his wife, Andrea, are in from Arizona this weekend. I look forward to seeing them again.

Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. More tomorrow. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ruby, Hi I just talked to Imazo
She told me about Hugh and about
David being in, I was so glad
they made it in to see HUGH& iMAZO