Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A New Multimedia Purchase

Hey, Y'all,
I went out today to one of my favorite places to shop. Yes, it was Walmart! I didn't leave the house on Sunday, or on Monday, because the weather was so yucky and cold. I couldn't stand it a day longer, and thus had to get out today.

I had decided that it was time to get a new keyboard for my computer. I had used the present one until the letters on most of the keys are no longer legible, and the keys are sticking. Time for a new one. I thought when I bought it that it would just be a matter of bringing it home and switching out keyboards, but no ---it has software that must be installed when the keyboard is hoooked up to the monitor. Well, I reckon I will do that little task in the morning. (Teresa knows how much I dislike installing new software for a program)

While Teresa was here visiting, I received a wrong number call on my cell phone. Instead of just telling the lady who called that it was a wrong number, I told her that I would gladly talk to her even though she did not intend to call me. So we sat there and chatted for a few minutes and exchanged names and numbers and told each other a little about ourselves. I promised to call her sometime this week, and will do so.
Teresa went through the house just laughing like crazy and saying, "I don't believe it! She is talking t0 a complete stranger and exchanging information!"

I happen to enjoy making friends wherever I am. It is a wonderful thing to do, I believe. I don't think anyone can ever have too many friends, do you?

I spent yesterday addressing envelopes for wedding invitations being sent out by Allie's daughter, Rachael. Rachael is getting married in January and is hard-pressed getting everything done in time, so I was quite happy to do that little chore for her.

For those of you who may remember, we switched from a king size bed to twin beds, and Mark sold the king size bed for me and brought me the money for it today. That will be quite helpful in getting Christmas presents this year. God always provides, doesn't He?

Mark carried our rocking chairs that were on the front porch down to our basement so that they are out of the weather for the winter time, and helped me bring up the Christmas decorations, which I hope to get put up tomorrow when it is a little warmer outside. Mark came over around lunch time today and shared a sandwich and a cup of hot coffee with me. He and Allie have been so wonderful to us. They help us when ever they can.

I worked on Matt's quilt for a while today, and am making pretty good headway on it. I am looking forward to seeing how it will look when it is finished. I think it will be quite pleasing to the eye and I hope he will really like it. I am hoping to have it finished by Christmas so that I can send it to him.

I also purchased a new mouse pad, and fortunately there is no software with it. ha ha.It just sits there and holds the mouse. It has a wrist rest on the back edge of it. Cool, eh?

Well, Gramps has already headed for bed and I guess I should soon follow. More tomorrow. Oops, he just turned out the light, but don't worry, I'm not afraid of the dark, because I can see in it. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for tonight. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, I hate installing new software too!!!I hope my keyboard never wears out! LOL

Judy said...

My keyboard has the keys worn off, too. My son was using my computer and started yelling it did not have an "E" on the keyboard. I don't need to look at the letters but he does. lol. I think that is hilarious that you talked to the lady on the cell phone.