Monday, July 28, 2008

Just Hanging Out Today

Hidy Do, Folks
Well, this morning I went out to water my roses and wildflower bed, and noticed how muggy it was, but also looked up at the sky and felt so blessed to be able to pull the water hose down through the carport. Some mornings (and evenings) when I do the watering, it is quite difficult to manage having the energy to do so. After I watered the flowers in front of the house, I went back to the back of the house and watered the little tomato patch and our fledgling sunflowers that Dub planted several weeks ago. Then I undid the hose from the water faucet, and rolled up the water hose onto the reel.

Sitting for a while on the front porch ,I watched the hummingbirds flit and feed at the feeders. It is so peaceful early in the morning out there, listening to the wind chimes on the porch and watching birds zoom and fly about. I also saw a rabbit running through the yard, seeking a haven in which to hide.

Going back into the house, I went into the kitchen and got out my morning cereal and milk, picked up my ever present book to read, and enjoyed a quiet breakfast. Deciding then to go into Jefferson City while Dub was still asleep, I got ready and left him a note telling him where I was, then I was on my way. Stopped at the local library, picked out a few books, and then on to Wal-mart.

I decided to buy a utility cart to use in my kitchen, so I bought it and returned home in time to see Dub wander into the kitchen in search of breakfast. I made his coffee and we sat and talked while he had breakfast and I ate a tomato, cheese and roast beef sandwich for lunch. (It was 1:30 by this time).

He was settled into the living room to watch television and I called Marian to see how she was doing after the big party yesterday. I also asked did she have any tomatoes, since we have quite a few. I told her I would bring some to her, and she said come on over. So I went over and her company from Canada was still there, along with another relative from Morristown. We had a great time talking and I learned more about her family from a long time ago.

When I got back home, Dub was ready to go for supper, so we went to a local restaurant and had supper. We came back and sat for awhile on the porch, eating a sugar free ice cream bar and watching the hummers. So peaceful it was. Now, we are both back indoors and he is settled watching a football game (one of his favorite pasttimes).

That is about it for now. Hoping each of you have a great evening and good night. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now.


Judy said...

Sometimes it is nice to just have a day where you don't do much but be lazy. We got a good rain today and we sure did need it. I did not have to water tonight for the first time in a long time. It also cooled off for a while but was very humid again by the middle of the afternoon. TN said...

I know what you mean about dragging out the water hose. It really wears me out! But neccessary at times.
I've been to Wal-Mart in Jefferson City. It's one of the nicest ones I have seen. And I also like Big Lots there.