Monday, August 27, 2012

You Crazy Squirrel! That's Not Food!

Hey,  Y'all,
Well, you know how squirrels are, they run around and jump from limb to limb of trees, run on the fence tops, jump into bird feeders, jump into bird baths... and on and on. 

Yesterday, I saw one of my back yard friends sitting in the bird bath, holding something strange in his paws and nibbling on it. It was one of those "environmentally safe" tablets that are shaped like doughnuts,  for killing mosquito larvae that you put in standing water. 

Apparently he didn't care for the taste of it, or it was too hard for him (or her) to bite. Anyway, he put it back down in the bird bath. Of course, he might never have noticed it if there had been water in the bird bath, but I had not replaced the water that had been emptied from the bath before I put the tablet in. I wasn't going out among the skeeters to put more water in. Fortunately, the sprinklers filled the bird bath with water soon after that.

Started working on my sister-in-law, Mae's, quilt yesterday. I'm moving right along on it. Hope to have it finished soon, then will begin working on another great grand's quilt. Have to get all them done before Christmas. 

I got the quilt I made for Madora sent off this morning and she should have it by end of day on Wednesday. 

Met with the children in the Children's Choir at church last night. I am going to be working with them helping them memorize Bible verses over the next few months. Really sweet kids! 

Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today.

2 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Those nasty skeeters. We haven't had a lot of cases of bird flu here like you've had in Texas, but they sure are more aggressive than usual. They bite any time of day or night, and consider bug spray to be like steak sauce. (Why didn't Noah swat them when he had the chance? HA!)

Blabbin' Grammy said...

Unfortunate that he let them sing their way on board. Hs