Thursday, August 9, 2012

We Were in a Hot Air Balloon!

Hey, Y'all,
As you all may know, (or maybe not), I have always been fearful of heights... but yesterday, I climbed aboard a hot air balloon with two of my great grandchildren, a two-year old and a three year old. We took off into the blue sky, and as we floated along, we looked down...yes, I looked down too and was unafraid. We saw cows; we saw rivers; we saw birds flying past us. Can you believe it? We looked down and saw people waving to us as they looked up at the colorful balloon floating over their heads. We will probably go up in the balloon again next week when I go to visit them. 

Yes, we were sitting on the couch, with one of them on each of my knees. We traveled in our imaginations, and it was wonderful... Have you ever taken an imaginary trip with one of your little ones (children, grands, or great grands, nieces or nephews)? If not, try it, because it is great fun!

Thanks to my granddaughter, Julia, welcoming me into her and Andrew's home each week, I am able to get to know my sweet great grands. They have a baby brother, and I'm getting to know him, too. More importantly, when I am gone, hopefully they will all remember me with fondness, and pleasure. 

We did some coloring with crayons, and some reading of books. Thank you, Julia and Andrew! I love all of you so very much!   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

Serbian Mink said...

whoa!! i read the first paragraph and was incredulous!! i thought hell had surely frozen over...then i read paragraph 2...whew, false alarm...the day you step into a hot air balloon is the day the world will end and hell will definitely be ICY.

Blabbin' Grammy said...

Ha! Gotcha, didn't I? 8-)