Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Doin's

Hey, Y'all,
I finished Madora's quilt last night about 11:30, and am making the label this morning. Her birthday is on Tuesday, but I know the quilt will be a couple of days late. It is a lovely quilt, I think. Will post a picture after she gets it. 

This neck of the woods is really up in arms about the West Nile Virus. A lot of airplane spraying is taking place in parts of Northeast Texas, and I don't blame them for being concerned. Of course, there is a great controversy going on about the use of the chemicals used killing the mosquitoes, and its effectiveness versus the effects on the environment. I don't know about all of that, but I do know that I don't want to be infected by the virus. I stay indoors after dark and before dawn. In fact, I've been so busy quilting, I don't even think about going outside. 

This morning, I am making labels for a couple of quilts. Then I have some greeting cards to make. I have had my four to four and a half hours of sleep. (I'll probably grab a few more in the middle of the day. Ha.) In fact, I may even go back to bed in a few minutes. It is only 5:30 a.m. right now. The labels are finished sewing and nothing is urgent to do right now. 

My living room looks like a disaster area, but it won't take long to clear that up. When I am sewing, I don't worry about how it looks. I lost a small needle either yesterday morning or the night before, and I have looked everywhere for it. It is only an inch long or maybe an inch and a quarter, but it is perfect for hand sewing. I am thinking it may have fallen into the trash can I keep under the sewing work table. Hope that is what happened to it. :) I still have quite a few quilts lined up to do. 

I am traveling up to Illinois in a month or so, then hopefully to California in November to visit friends who live out there. I am looking forward to both trips. Might as well go while I can still travel, right?

Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of that quilt. You are quite right...travel while you can.

D.G. Hudson said...

You need to get a magnetized rod like I have to find those pesky needles.

Enjoy your trips and yes you should travel as much as you can, it helps us keep a broad world view.

I'm making a quilt too, a memory quilt for one daughter. The older daughter already has one.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Creativity is messy sometimes. I wouldn't worry about the living room.
And avoid the mosquitoes.

Unknown said...

Hi Blabbin' Grammy:

It's been a bit since I've stopped in to say hello. I've missed some of your stories (which I love) but then life takes you away from things you enjoy sometimes. Busy, busy, busy seems to be my motto. Sounds like you've been a busy yourself.
Stop on by and say hi now and then. Love your work. I used to quilt, but I've decided there are more pressing things I want to do. I love quilts, sewing, crocheting, knitting, etc., but I love writing more lately.
Have a wonderful week, and I certainly hope your hip is going to be okay.
my blog is www.kscollier1.blogspot.com. Stop on by and say howdy.