Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Out and About

Hey, Y'all,
Well, yesterday morning was a busy one for me, thank goodness. I do like to keep busy, don't you? 

By 9:30, I was headed out the door into the sweltering heat (hit somewhere in low hundreds yesterday), and went to the doctor's office to get a tetanus shot. The wonderful thing about my doctor is that if I really need to go there, I can always get in without an appointment. I only had to wait about twenty minutes or so. Did you know there are two kinds of tetanus shots? One kind is if you are going to be around small children, and that is the one I got, since I go to visit three of my great grands each Wednesday afternoon. The doctor saw me in the hallway and hollered "hello" to me and came over to give me a hug. Somehow, all my doctors seem to take a shine to me... can you believe it?

While there, I also picked up a 24-hour specimen collection jug for an analysis of my kidney action. The doctor is concerned that my kidneys may be atrophying due to taking Lasix for water retention prevention over the past eight years. That causes eventual kidney failure. Just one more health issue to be concerned about. Duh!

Well, then I went to one of my favorite shopping areas, and stopping at Staples, I purchased some print toners for my printer, then on to Hobby Lobby for some cloth and batting, then on to the bank, and finally to Freddy's Steakburgers and had one of those, then home. Whew! HOT! The heat rises off this Texas pavement in waves.  Makes me really thankful for my air conditioning. BTW, I had several offers from family of their homes while my air was off, and I appreciated them. The use of my ceiling fans while the air was off made the house quite comfortable, however. Thank you all.

I know this post is kind of rambling and detailed (probably more than you wish to know), but it's my life as I live it and when I'm not writing fiction, the truth -mostly- is what I write. ha.  Yesterday afternoon, I just played and then last evening, I went over to Carol and Daryl's and we watched the final -yes- I said final- episode of "The Closer". It ended well, but I hated to see Kyra Sedgewick go. She was the heart and soul of the show. The other characters are okay but they are not the sympathetic characters that she was. They are trying to make Sharon Raydor a softer character by giving her a boy to look after, but I have my doubts about it.  Just MHO. 

Well, I'm going to put quilt binding around the doll quilts I helped the doc's two little girls make, and then take them to her one day next week. That will give me something specific to do today. I might could get them done in time to take today when I return "the jug". 

Well, that's about it for now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

P.S. Planning a visit to a couple of places this fall. Hoping to get to see some more of my great grands who live in Illinois, also making a first ever trip to California to visit Mark, Allie and their family. Bye now.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the closer is over...I always liked that show.
You take care in that heat now.