Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project Complete (almost)































































Hey, Y'all,
Well, I got the pictures in reverse order, sorry....but these are pictures of my fireplace project, so you will have to go to the bottom and see the progress from bottom to top.
As you can see, I had a space that I wanted to fill (i.e., the fireplace) since I didn't want to use the fireplace. I wanted it closed off, for several reasons. One, it will prevent drafts from coming into the living room; another reason, when I get a kitten, it will be safer for it.

Daryl got a couple of pieces of plywood for me to use; Carol loaned me some kilz and tan paint to do the background with; and I purchased stencils to do pictures on the plywood panels. After I stenciled the pictures onto the plywood panels, I let them dry, and then sprayed it with a fixative and Voila! they were completed. I placed them into the fireplace openings and as soon as they are fastened into place with metal screws, it will be complete.

I really enjoyed doing the stenciling, because I really love doing artwork with my hands and creating things.

Today has been very quiet, and I enjoy that as well. I rarely am lonely, (in fact, am quite happy in solitude) and I like to think. Working in solitude gives me a lot of time for reflection and thinking things through, solving problems, etc.

Tomorrow is my Bible Study class in James. Last week we studied about controlling the use of the tongue. Wow! I guess that is where a lot of us really miss the boat. I need to spend some time this evening finalizing my study in preparation for discussion tomorrow. I hope each of you will have a lovely evening, and a good night's sleep.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

What talent! Very beautiful.

Jan said...

Wow..you ARE talented!

Grammy said...

Awe, gee,thanks.

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I really love hummingbirds and those definitely make a wonderful addition to your living room Ruby. You did a MOST beautiful job.

Teresa said...

Those boards look terrific! I like them better than the fireplace without them. 8-) Great Job!

Grammy said...

Hey, Y'all,
Thanks for the vote of "like". I really like them too. Love, Ruby (aka Mom)