Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Adventures Today

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I did have a new adventure today, and it turned out just fine with no danger to me or others. I had almost finished my trip to the Toyota dealership to get my car serviced, and instead of turning into the access road, I accidentally passed it up and found myself crossing the bridge over the freeway. I realized that I had gone too far, and had to get into a left turn lane and when I got the green turn signal, I made a turn into the lane going the other direction and was able after crossing the bridge again, to turn into the access road. Then I drove to the dealership and had no problems finding it.

I met an interesting lady while I was sitting and waiting for my car. She was telling me about her aunt who has terminal cancer. The aunt is in the hospital, and her cancer is gall bladder cancer. The doctor told them that she only has a short time left to live, and they are planning on starting chemo if they can get her well enough to get out of bed. Even with the chemo, she won't have more than about 9 weeks to live. I just cannot imagine having the chemo, knowing how sick it makes a person, and knowing that it cannot give her longer than 9 weeks. But that is just how I feel.

Today is a beautiful day, and I was able to sweep out my garage. I can hardly wait till the cold weather is over. We are supposed to have another cold front moving in this weekend and first part of next week.

Dallas is ready for the people to come this way. In their convention center of 850,000 square feet, they have all kinds of exhibits and games and NFL experience for people to visit. Adults will pay $25 each to see it, children over 2 yrs old will be charged to pay $20, and children under 2 will get in free. I have been watching a lot of hype about it, and the prices of parking are phenomenal. You can park across the street for $999.00. Just parking a short distance away (a mile, I think) will cost you $500. You can ride a bus for 20.00. The tickets to the game are out of sight as well. I think on the upper deck is around $2000.00, if I am not mistaken. By the way, the game is in Arlington at the Rangers Football Stadium. Well, enough about that.

I assume tomorrow will be a quiet day, and I have no plans for anything momentous. Teresa is doing well, and plans to begin radiation therapy on February 14th, I believe.

Well, that is about it for today for me. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

1 comment:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Enjoyed the read Ruby, do have a wonderful day.

Yvonne.