Monday, January 3, 2011

More New Technology

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, I got another piece of technology and it is really keen...(Do people actually use that term much anymore?) Keen, that is. It means sharp for those of you younger people who may be reading this, and have never used the term before. It is a new mouse. Now, I have been using a wireless mouse for several years, but it did have a wire receptor that the mouse could "see" and respond to. This new mouse uses just a USB receptor stick with no wire. One less wire to use. Hoo-ha, as the Marines say.

So, yesterday, I needed some new toner for my printer and when I was purchasing said toner, I happened to see this little mouse and decided to get it. I brought it home, opened the package and wondered how difficult it would be to install it. Well, I put the batteries into the mouse, placed the USB stick into the proper slot (actually I put it into a USB hub,) and voila! the computer recognized the hardware and installed it without my having to do anything. Shazam! I now have a completely wireless mouse and it is a doozy. Keen!

I haven't done anything today except have breakfast and make my bed, and play on my computer with my new mousie...My friend, Dot, and I have been playing several rounds of Lexalous, long distance, and I am about through with that for today. Will play some more later on after my brain has time to rest from all the thinking. Lexalous is a facebook game that is very akin to Scrabble. Check it out sometime. It is great fun and a wonderful brainy thing to do to keep the old brain cells activated.

Speaking of technology, I Skyped with Allie for about an hour and a half on the weekend, and that was great fun. It is wonderful to be able to see who you are talking to long distance, isn't it? I always imagine people in their settings when I talk to them on the phone, but this is much better. :)

It is about lunch time so I guess I will quit for now and have some lunch. Gotta keep my strength up you know. ha. There are a few other things I need to do today as well. I need to do my Bible Study and get ready for the study in James that begins again on Wednesday. It started out in the low 30's degreewise this morning, and is supposed to make it to the upper 50's before the day is over. I can see the sun shining through the blinds, but I probably won't get dressed today. So much more comfortable in my housecoat and I have nowhere that I have to be today. So this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

No comments: