Thursday, January 13, 2011

Announcement On Facebook

Hey, Y'all,
I just wanted to tell you today about my grandson, Daniel J. Bennett, and the book he has written which is being published by Kregel Publications in March. It is called "A Passion for the Fatherless" and tells of adopting children. Daniel and Whitney adopted a child a few years ago, and she is the youngest of their four children. I have not read any of his book yet, but I am sure it is a wonderful and well-written book. Daniel is pastor of a Bethany Community Church in Illinois. As you may be able to tell, we are all very proud of our Daniel, and pleased with how God is using him to share His word with others.

It is still cold here and the day is passing quickly towards noon. There is not much shakin' around here, except me from the cold. ha ha.

There is nothing I need to go out for today, so I will just be at home. When I talked to the nurse yesterday about my test tomorrow and my preparations for it, she told me to eat a supper tonight that was dairy free and fat free. I asked what did that leave? She said maybe to eat a piece of grilled chicken and steamed veggies, and to drink nothing but clear liquids from six till midnight and nothing after midnight. I told her that was no fun. We laughed a lot, and of course, I had never talked to her before. She said she liked soup beans, and I said, I do too, and of course I could eat cornbread with that, but no butter. So, I may very well just have some white beans and cornbread for my supper. I don't have any chicken on hand, so beans and cornbread it is. With onions and relish, and hot sauce of course. Yum!

I will be eating breakfast after the test tomorrow, so I will probably stop at Le Peep's after the test. It is a real sacrifice, you know, but, ah well. I'll just suffer through it. Ha. I also hope to stop by and see my granddaughter, Julia, and the two little grands sometime before their naptime.

Well, that is about it for today. Haven't heard from Teresa yet but praying she will do well with her chemo infusion. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

3 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulations to your granson on the publication of his book. I wish him much good luck.
Hope your daughter is doing well, it must be hard for the family as I know only too well.

You must be very proud of your grandson,

Take care.
Yvonne.

Barbara said...

Wishing you the best on your tests.

Lisa said...

Good evening Grammy. Hope the night is restful. Hugs, Lisa