Monday, September 26, 2011

A Wild Ride

Hey, Y'all,
Well, it was more exciting than a carnival ride! I do not want to repeat it.... I went to eat at Spring Creek Barbeque for supper this afternoon and when I left, I got on the road to come back home. Now, the road I was on to return home is one that I don't drive very often. I don't do the freeway, so the route I take back home is a little longer. They are working on the road and the lines are not defined. What made it really exciting was the fact that the sun was in my eyes directly, and I couldn't see the traffic lights or where the lanes were. Whoopee! 

When I got to the turnoff, I couldn't see the CVS store (which is my landmark) until I got past it, so I had to go on down and when I got to a traffic light that I could see, I saw that no traffic was coming my way and made a U-turn (following another car that did the same) and so, got on the road I needed to, and by that time was no longer facing the sun. But it was hairy for a while, and it was a shaky time for me. I won't be eating at that place again for quite a while. It is getting later in the year anyway, and won't be long until it will be darktime at this time.

This morning, I went to see my family doctor for a check up and it seems I am doing okay for now. They drew blood so they can see how my blood is doing, (ha) and I will get that report back sometime next week, I reckon, or maybe even on Friday. 

I was up this morning at six and since I couldn't eat breakfast before going to see the doctor, I put together one of the microwave carts that I purchased at Target on Friday. By doing the first one this morning, I learned some things not to do in putting the second one together. I will assemble the second one in the morning. I need to use them to take the canned goods out of my pantry so I can see what I have, and if I need to discard any of them. Most of them I have have had more than a year (some of them even longer). I will check the use by date on each can, and I will know what to do with them. 

The doctor asked me how often I have pain in my back. I replied that it occurs every day. She then asked me what I take for pain in my back and I said, "Nothing". She said, "What do you do when it hurts?". I replied, "I sit down and rest it." Oh, yeah, she gave me a flu shot, and I just took it  because she said it would make her feel better. Ha, don't you think that is funny? I took it to make HER feel better. I didn't take one last year or the year before, and had no ill effects from not taking it. 

Well, that is about it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Bye for now. More later.

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I don't have flu shots, my late husband had one once and was so ill I decided not to have them.

Hope your blood test are ok.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Keena said...

I cant take the flu shot. I am allergic to a perservative in it.