Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Driving Gloves??? Really?

Hey,  Y'all,
Well, really...Do you wear "driving gloves"? I must tell you what I observed today and how I just sat there and watched. I was at the library to pick up my new reading material for the next few days. I had just returned to my car and the car next to me was getting ready to leave as well (not actually the car, but the driver). The driver got into her car and I thought, "Well, I will just wait until she leaves so that I won't back out at the same time and maybe she would not see me." 

As I sat there and waited, the lady buckled her seat belt, and I was expecting her to drive out immediately, but no... she proceeded to pull on leather gloves. I thought to myself, "She's got to be kidding! Driving gloves? In the Summer time when it is so hot? I thought those were only used in the wintertime, if at all!" So, do YOU wear driving gloves? Clue me in. Maybe I should get some, and look so very sophisticated.... Ha ha ha...I could never pull it off if I tried to put on a sophisticated air. 

I decided this morning that I would clip my toenails. Do you have trouble doing that little chore or do you go to a podiatrist or a beauty shop and get a pedicure? When Dubby would go to a podiatrist for his toenails to be trimmed, I would also get mine done. Well, I got a plastic pan, put it into the bathtub and added a little clorox to the hot water in the pan, and let my feet soak for about 10 minutes and read a book. Then I got out of the tub and dried off my feet and sat in the bathroom floor so I could get to my toes. At my age and lack of bendability (is that even a word?), that is not easy to do. There, isn't that exciting, reading about my homemade pedicures? Ha.

Sunday evening ( I was telling you earlier this week about the fish fry), I had my picture made with one of the ladies who attends the Taiwanese church services there. She had on a National dress of Taiwan, and I had my picture made with her. Here it is. Isn't she beautiful? Don't ask me her name, I didn't get it. On Sunday mornings, we have three different services in separate parts of the church. We have a Taiwanese Sunday School and church service, also a Sudanese Sunday School and church service, plus our own. 

There is an early service for us which is a traditional service, and then after our Sunday school, we have a contemporary service.

I spent several hours yesterday with Carol, and she is recuperating nicely. We played on the computer for a little bit, and also watched a movie. I made potato soup for our lunch, and then came home about 3 p.m. 

I went over today and took her grocery shopping. I am so pleased to be able to help her while she is recovering from her surgery. 

Tomorrow is Bible Study day at Countryside, and I need to do some preparation for that. So this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I don't drive Ruby so driving gloves is not an issue with me.
My daughter does my toe nails as having a back that is painful find it hard to bend over,

Have a lovely day, enjoyed reading about the going ons.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Serbian Mink said...

I believe that triple-digit temperatures may raise the temperature of the plastic steering wheel to a high degree of uncomfortable. Hence, the choice of leather glovess is probably a wise one.......sssssssssss.....the sound of unprotected skin melting!