Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Birthday Party Pictures and Other Stuff

Hey, Y'all,
Well, here it is Wednesday, and the first day of a new Bible Study at Countryside Bible Church where my daughter and son-in-law are members. It is a ladies' Bible Study of the Book of Psalms and I think it is going to be a good one. 

This afternoon, I came home from the study and had a good lunch of a sandwich of tomato, cheese and onion, with mayo. Yum! Then I had a fresh peach. Nothing like fresh fruit to eat, is there. Also, this morning, my breakfast was half a fresh apple cut into small pieces and added to pancake mix for pancakes, along with a half cup of coffee.

Tonight, I am having supper at the Baptist Church where I belong (which is just seven blocks away from here) and then choir practice. 

What did I do this afternoon? Why, I cut strips for making the quilts for Teresa, and then on Friday, I plan on cutting strips of batting to fill the quilts. By Monday, I should be ready to begin assembling the quilts. My eye surgery will not be until November the fourth. That gives me at least a month to work on them while my eyes are still in fairly good shape. 

Last night, we gathered at Andrew and Julia's to celebrate the birthdays of Daryl, and Alyssa. Daryl is my son-in-law and Alyssa is Andrew and Julia's oldest. Alyssa is three but I am not telling how old Daryl is. He can tell you that if he wishes. Ha. Alyssa is Carol and Daryl's granddaughter and my great granddaughter. 

Here are some pictures from the get together. 

Ben and Emily
Carol behind Daughter, Emily
Showing Grandpa Daryl new outfit for dress up play
Grandpa with his two girls
In her new apron and chef's hat. Isn't she adorable? Little sister is playing with Big Sister's Toy.
 I took more pictures, but these were the best of the bunch. Needless to say, we had a great time together and really missed Matt and Amy, who couldn't be there. 

Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

5 comments:

Keena said...

Looks like you had a fun time!!!

Lisa said...

Everything is just so beautiful Grammy. All praise be to God.

myletterstoemily said...

you made me hungry! your psalms bible study
sounds wonderful.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Lovely pictures of the family Ruby, That's what I miss.

Take care.
Yvonne.

Mom's Blog said...

We're so glad you're here now to enjoy these fun times with us! It adds a special dimension to the kids lives (and ours) to have Grammy Young here!