Monday, September 12, 2011

Bummer!

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, I said, "Bummer!" I am really bummed about the way they ended "The Closer" tonight. End of series, end of story. The writers did a really poor job of closing it out! They led us down the garden path and then shut the garden gate on us, catching our fingers in the latch! Ouch!




Well, I have been busy the last few days. I worked at the church on Friday, cataloging the music in the music library, and then spent some time online with Teresa on Saturday. Yesterday was church day, and today, I went to the church to work some more on the music. I came home and rested a couple of hours and then went to have supper with some of the seniors.  

Oh, yeah, I have a good one to tell on myself. You know, I just have to tell stories on myself, because they are too good not to share. Ha. I was thinking that this past Saturday was the one that seniors have Saturday covered dish dinner at the church. So I prepared a casserole and hot-footed it down to the church. I got there about 11:45 and there were only two cars there.  Hmmmm, I wondered where everyone else was, and I knew I wasn't that early. So I went into the fellowship hall and a couple of the Taiwanese members who have their church services in the fellowship hall on Sunday were there setting up tables for a meeting that evening. He checked the church newsletter and pointed out to me that the seniors have lunch on the third Saturday. I had them take a generous serving of my casserole and left. Back home I went and had some of it for my lunch. Ha. Joke was on me. 


Tomorrow, I reckon I will be working around here and continuing on with my work on Teresa's quilt, along with doing some laundry. Then tomorrow evening, we will be celebrating some birthdays in the family. My great grand-daughter, Alyssa's birthday (which was yesterday) and my son-in-law, Daryl's birthday (which was a week ago). We like to celebrate, you know, and do so every chance we get. Pictures to follow on Wednesday!


This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.




2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Sometimes a series in TV can leave you disappointed after watching it for a while.

Take care.
Yvonne,

Arlee Bird said...

Most of the TV series that I have followed either don't ever have any conclusion or have one that is very unsatisfactory. I don't get caught up in many of those shows anymore.


Lee
Tossing It Out