Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Daniel!

Hey, Y'all,
Well, another grandson, another birthday is here! My eldest grandson, Daniel, is thirty-four today. He was born on September 1st, Labor Day, and his mom, Carol, says it really was labor day. :) I do happen to have a picture of Daniel, and it was taken this year on the day he received his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Louisville, Kentucky. His wife, Whitney, and their four children are in the picture as well. Daniel is pastor of a church in Illinois. I am planning on going to visit them in October.  

Happy Birthday, grandson! I hope it will be wonderful and unforgettable to you. 

Well, I got my house mopped yesterday afternoon, and plan to go to the library after breakfast to exchange books, and also to Hobby Lobby to do a little shopping for cloth and Wonder Under for the appliqueing I will be doing with the quilt pieces. Last night was choir practice, and when I got home, I didn't do a whole lot except for spending some relaxing time on the computer. 


I have an appointment a week from today with an eye surgeon to see what he can do for my left eye, which I am seeing double with. I think he may be going to clean the cloudiness which has gathered beneath the lens of my left eye. I guess I'll find out when I go have all the testing done that the Optometrist  says he will do. His office sent me a packet of papers to read and fill out information to bring with me next week. It looks like a very expensive procedure. I guess I'll find that out, too. Ha ha. 


Oh, yeah, I almost forgot! I saw something very interesting when I went to see the Colonel yesterday to have some chicken. I was sitting at the table eating my extra crispy when in walked a couple of Bedford's finest (policemen) and they bring this young man who had on the headphones used in working the window of KFC over to another booth. Another man who was wearing plain clothes, sat down with the worker, and I heard one of the policemen say, "Don't you have an office here that we can meet in?". The boy (he must not have been more than 18 years old, if that old) said, "No, it is too small." 


So the policemen stood and the two others sat, and the plain clothes guy said, " You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to have an attorney present, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law...etc."


I thought, "Whoa! I am actually hearing someone being Mirandized." My little old ears perked up, but they weren't perky enough because I couldn't hear everything they were saying. They began asking the boy questions and he was answering them. One thing for sure, I knew that boy was in deeper trouble than anyone would want to be. I also knew I was so thankful that the love and guidance given to all my grandchildren had kept them out of the kind of trouble that young man has landed in. "There, but for the Grace of God..." I say that humbly, not arrogantly, please God. 


Well, the day awaits, and I got breakfast calling this old Grammy's tummy. It cries out to me, "Feed me, you old lady, it is empty in here!" So this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.



2 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Well, golly, if the police were going to question that young man in a public place, the least they could have done is SPEAK UP so the public (i.e. you) could hear what they were saying!

Daniel Bennett said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Grandma! Looking forward to seeing you in October!