Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Updating photos

Hey, Y'all,
Well, here it is mid-week, and I have a few photos to display. I put together two microwave carts to use in my kitchen.... no, not to hold microwaves, but to use as an extension for my cabinets. One rarely has enough counter space in the smaller kitchens, even though my kitchen is quite roomy, I can always use a little more counter space.

The carts were not really difficult to assemble, and the most difficult part was the 3/8 inch metal screws I had to put into the four corners of the cart to hold the butcher block type of wood on top. My fat little fingers would just not hold the screws while I worked on getting the screws into the cart. Here is a tip for you (which method I used in holding the screws in place): I held the screw in the tip of a needle-nose pliers with the left hand, while I worked on the screw with the screwdriver in my right hand. 

My flower beds are in full bloom right now, and I went out while ago and took pictures of them. Up until a couple of weeks ago, the taller plants were not really blooming, but apparently the cooler temps and the rain we had about a week ago, really brought them out. They are tall and beautiful, don't you think?

Tomorrow, I plan on going down to the church and working on the music library inventory. I am hoping to finish the major portion of the work tomorrow.  The Bible Study in Psalms is going well at Countryside, and we studied Psalm 100 today. Vicky, the lady that I take to the Bible Study and bring her back home, is having surgery on her right rotor cuff tomorrow. Please remember her in your prayers. My daughter, Carol, is returning to work tomorrow and is recovered from her surgery of a week and a half ago. Thank you for your prayers in her behalf. 



 Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

3 comments:

Angela said...

Your flower beds are beautiful. I hope everything goes well for Carol.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Love your flower beds,

Take care Ruby.

Yvonne.

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, It's Clara here in TN. I'm trying to get caught up on reading blogs. It sounds like you are doing great in the great state of Texas. The trees are turning here and they weather people are already calling for frost and snow flakes in the higher elevations. It's way early for that as far as I'm concerned. Your flowers are lovely.