Monday, September 5, 2011

Approach Pie and Insert Fingers

Hey, Y'all,
Well, here's wishing you a Happy Labor Day.... last big holiday for several months. I imagine most of you are spending it with family, doing the cook-out thing, and hopefully having a great time. I had a really good time visiting with grand-daughter, Emily and her sweetie-pie husband, Ben this morning. They came over and did the yard mowing and weed-eating, and I showed them my quilt pieces that I am working on. 

I am also now watching a "The Closer" marathon that is on TNT today. They are prepping for the final episode to be shown next Monday. Tonight will be the next to last episode. 

I reckon lunch today will be left-over salmon loaf that I made a few days ago. I will probably fry a small white potato for a side-dish. 

Speaking of food, I am sticking my fat little fingers into a couple of new pies at church. My choir director asked for help a couple of Wednesdays ago to inventory sheet music and I raised my hand and volunteered to do it. She said, "Do you know anything about inventorying?" I laughed and said, "I am a retired librarian, so yeah, I reckon I do."

Also, yesterday at church, a couple of ladies got up and announced a quilting project making quilts for battered housewives. After church, I talked to one of them and asked if they made the six-hour quilts, and she hadn't heard of them. I told her that I would be able to meet with her and show her how to make them. The quilting group happens to meet at the time the choir rehearses. 

Ya see, I have this little motivator inside me that says, "Hey, you could help with that, go ahead and volunteer!" and there I go again... ha. And I always enjoy it and have fun and satisfaction in being able to assist. 

Well, that is about it today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hope you had a good day, we don't get another public holiday until Christmas.
Take care Ruby.
Yvonne.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Good for you. That's what keeps you young.