Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Daryl and How to Remove Adhesive from an Iron

Hey, Y'all,
Well, my iron got all gummed up on the sole plate (the part that irons the cloth) using Wonder Under on my quilt pieces. Has that ever happened to you? It is rather bothersome and so I did some internet searching to find an answer to my dilemma of an adhesive caked ironing surface. The sole plate of my iron is Teflon coated. Here is the answer (for those of you that are crafters and quilters). I tried the solution I found and it worked!

A simple matter of vinegar and a soft used toothbrush. Apply vinegar to the sole plate by soaking a cloth in vinegar and applying to the sole plate for a few minutes. Then take a toothbrush and some more vinegar and scrub gently. It will remove the adhesive. Be sure the iron is cold. 

I am now using a pressing cloth between the iron and the applique piece to keep the adhesive from getting onto the iron and setting the iron on steam setting without the water in the iron. That way the necessary amount of heat gets to the applique adhesive to make it adhere to the applique.

Lunched today at Cheddars with some of the seniors from church and had a good time as usual. It it nice to have friends to eat with and enjoy their company. The Sunday School lesson went well, and we are adding a new member, and losing one who is moving to Houston in a few weeks. 

On Thursday I have an eye appointment and need to get the paperwork filled out to take with me. Wouldn't it be great if we could just fill all out the medical history one time and then refer them to the doctor who has it? It is such a pain in the (neck?) to have to do it every time we go to a new doctor. I am always afraid I'll forget an important surgery, because I have had so many. I guess I could just begin at the top of my head and move down my body, naming all the different places that have been sliced and diced. Ha. 

We have another birthday in the family today! My son-in-law, Daryl, who lives in Bedford near me, with Carol, my daughter and his wife of 34 years. Happy Birthday, Dear Daryl!

Well, more stuff to do today, plus some relaxing this evening to watch some television.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later. 

2 comments:

Keena said...

Good luck with the eye doctor.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hope all goes well with the eye doctor,

Take care.
Yvonne.