Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tests- Second Verse

Hey, Y'all,
Well, yesterday was the second day of my cardio tests and I thought they would be finished, but guess what...the right hand didn't know what the left one was doing, and when the tests were scheduled, they didn't order the chemicals that would be needed for the second half of the pictures that were to be taken. Sooo, I did another part of testing that had been scheduled that didn't need drugs. I go back on Monday afternoon to do the photography of my lovely inner heart workings. Ha.

What we did do was pressure checks on the circulation in my legs. The way this test is done, they put pressure cuffs on the upper thighs and calves in the lower legs, and they are inflated individually and pressure is checked individually, and believe me, they hurt! However, it was only for a minute or so, so I withstood it without too much protesting. Thank the Lord I have a fairly high pain threshold. She also used a sensor of some kind measuring the circulation while the cuffs were inflated, placing it on my ankles and various places on my legs and feet. It was quite interesting. After that part of the procedure, the cuffs were taken off and I walked on the treadmill for five minutes. Then I lay down on the table again, and she measured the circulation in my ankles again, which didn't take very long.

So, today is Saturday, and I have a day to "play" and I will probably use it for that. Ha. I haven't had breakfast yet, but I plan on making some French toast with a strip of bacon to accompany it. I have been trying to figure out how to program the heat/air conditioning and it kind of escapes me. I am sure Carol will fix it for me tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, I have it on heat, and I can smell the heat as it comes through the registers. It has been a little cooler in the mornings and it is wonderful to know that cooler weather is here.

The leaves are beginning to fall in the back yard and they are going to be soon covering the ground, and we know for sure that Autumn is here and Winter will soon be on its way. I really love this time of year, and I can remember being a young child and kicking the piles of leaves and enjoying their rustling sound, breathing in the crisp air in the mornings on the way to school.

You should see me dosing out my medications once a week...bottles of pills, and my pill minder. Keeping them straight is quite a job, but I'm up to it. I have seven prescriptions and several over the counter supplements. This morning was the day for dosing them out, so that was what I was doing at 6 a.m. here in my computer/work room. The other day, the nurse told me that taking Benedryl daily for sleeping was not the best thing to do, and reiterated what a doctor told me last year...that it can cause seniors to lose memory, so I decided night before last that I would no longer take it as a sleeping aid. That night, I was awake every hour but went back to sleep each time. Last night, I slept for about four hours before waking, but awakened from leg cramps, probably from the walking on the treadmill yesterday. I may very well take a nap sometime midday today.

Well, breakfast is calling to me...."Ruby, Ruby, Come, come and eat." ha. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you. More later. I continue to thank each of you for your prayers on our behalf (me and my family members). Bye for now.


Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry they couldn't do all the tests and everything at once.
Enjoy your breakfast!

myletterstoemily said...

oh, you are so sweet to not be grumpy
about repeat tests!

good luck an the benadryl thing. it's
so difficult to sleep at night.


Barbara said...

Good morning in Texas,have a wonderful ya

Patricia Stoltey said...

And now you for sure have made me very hungry for French toast and bacon. :)