Monday, October 11, 2010

Wind Chimes

Hey, Y'all,
So far today has been really great...I was up last night until about 1 a.m. You see, I was not really sleepy when eleven p.m. rolled around...I was playing a game on my computer, with the television playing nearby, not really paying a lot of attention to it, when all at once, I realized a movie was beginning. I turned to look, and there was one of my favorite movies of all time ready to be shown. It was Secondhand Lions, with Robert Duvall, Michael Caine, and Joel Haley Osment along with Kyra Sedgwick. I had to stop and just watch the movie. There are places in the movie where one has to just laugh aloud, it is so funny, and places where it is so poignant, that you just want to cry. Of course, it was not over until one a.m. and when I finally crawled in between the sheets, I was just about ready to go to sleep.

I really slept pretty well last night, so this morning I felt refreshed and ready to face another day. That is one really nice thing about living alone - it doesn't matter when you go to bed or when you get up. There is no one to answer to, and no one to wonder when you are coming to bed, or what you are doing while you are still up.

So this morning, I made myself a pretty good breakfast, and after I got dressed for the day, Carol let me know that grandson, Ben was coming over to mow my yard for me. He was also going to take me out for lunch. How sweet is that? Mighty sweet, I would say. Anyway, he came over and we went to LePeep for lunch (mine - his breakfast) and had a lovely time just sitting and chatting about movies and other things.

When we came back to the house, he mowed the yard for me (it really looks great) and put up the wind chimes that I have been delaying putting up, because I didn't realize until this morning when I went out on the back deck that there were hooks overhead that i could use for that purpose. Now, I will be able to sit in my dining room and hear the wind chimes tinkling. How wonderful! Ben also fixed an o-ring in my water hose outback so it won't spew water everywhere when I use the hose to sprinkle flowers or water the back yard. My grandchildren are really wonderful to help their old grandma with stuff around here, aren't they? Of course, Daryl and Carol come over and help me as well. I feel so blessed to be out here where I can have close contact with all of them.

This afternoon, I guess I will spend some time working on my Bible study class on Wednesday. I am hoping to hear soon from the eye doctor's office telling me my new glasses are in and ready to be picked up. Of course, it has not been a week yet, so I am just going to have to be a patient patient. ha ha.

I don't remember if I said so or not, but the other day I purchased a ticket to go see "To Kill a Mockingbird" production at the Artisan Theater in Hurst next Saturday. I will be going alone but I am sure I will meet some interesting people when I go to see it. I may eat lunch out that day, and then go to the theatre from the restaurant. Of course, I will be taking a paperback with me to read while I eat. First I have to locate a restaurant not far from the theatre. I am sure Carol can help me with that particular idea.

Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my dear friends and family. More later. Bye for now.

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved your post Ruby especially the bit about laughing out loud, I do it all the time even though I live alone. I guess the nieghbours have got used to it by now.

Take care.
Yvonne.

myletterstoemily said...

"i will go alone, but i'm sure i will meet
some nice people." that sums up how
i think of you.

Grammy said...

Hey, Lea and Yvonne,
Thanks for the lovely comments. I appreciate you all (and all you fine people who leave such sweet messages for me. Your support helps me keep going.
Love,
Ruby

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy hearing your heart as you share about your every-day experiences. And ... I absolutely love wind chimes - I wish I could hear yours.
Hugs,
Deb