Thursday, October 14, 2010

Up, Up and Away

Hey, Y'all,
In case the heading doesn't give it away, I got my garage door fixed today. A very nice man came and put a new spring on it, and also put new rollers on the edge of the door. The others were getting worn and would have probably caused another call down the road to eventually be replaced. It ain't cheap to have that work done, especially when you get a life-time warranty (for the house's life time, that is). Well, anyway, after he put away his ladder and tools, we stood in the garage doorway and talked for about fifteen minutes or so, and he left.

I came back in for awhile and had some lunch and was just getting ready to eat a dish of ice cream with english walnuts on top, when I decided I would go out and put the garage door down. So, I pushed the gizmo on the garage wall, and nothing happened except for a momentary growl from the mechanism. I thought, "OH< NO, now what?" So, I tried again a couple of times. Then I picked up my phone and called. Within a few minutes I got a call from the fellow who came out to do the repair, and he told me I needed to pull on the rope hanging from the garage door opener that hangs over the car. The idea was, it had to be reengaged with the mechanism. He said that he forgot to do that because we had got to talking, leaving it undone. So, I did, and it worked. I told him that my experience with garage doors is almost nil, and then we just laughed and said good-by, after I thanked him.

I have been busy today getting a few more pictures hanged (hung)?- well, put up on the walls, ha ha. I am beginning to see some hope for finally getting it all done. It seems like they are multiplying instead of decreasing in numbers. Ha.

Well, that is about it for today. Not a lot to chatter about. Teresa had her third infusion of chemo today. If you would like to read about it, check it out at Pickin' Up the Pieces -with a link under my "Other Interesting Blogs" over in the right hand portion of my blog.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, and more later. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad your garage is fixed!

Grammy said...

Thanks! I am so very glad the problem is solved, too. Now I know how a person feels when he escapes from solitary. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Your trumpet flower below is really pretty. So glad you got the door fixed, too, and that things are falling in place finally. Have a good weekend.