Saturday, October 23, 2010

Another Saturday

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, another Saturday and I really tried to sleep in this morning past 5 a.m., but it just didn't happen. I went to bed at 10 p.m. last evening, and by 5 o'clock this morning, I had already had 7 hours of sleep and that seems to be about the best I can do on a regular night. I got up at 5 and came into my computer room for about 45 minutes and then went back to bed, but just couldn't drowse off again. I know this is extremely interesting to those of you who visit my ramblings on this page (ha ha). Anyway, last evening I had a very enjoyable visit with some new friends of mine.

One of the ladies, Tricia, from the Bible Study group that I attend on Wednesday mornings came over with her son, Levi, who is an adorable one year-old sweetie pie, and with her friend, Heather. Ii had invited them over for pizza and salad, and an evening of just getting together for some fellowship. I had made a home-made pizza and also some chocolate eclair dessert. We had a really fun time, and Levi slept part of the time while we were eating, and then when he woke up, he enjoyed running around in the living room and carrying my crocs and his mother's flip-flops around. He is really into shoes (carrying, not wearing). Levi has an adorable smile and dimples in his left cheek, just like his mama's dimples. Her husband, Zach, had been planning on coming, but was deep into a construction project, so he couldn't make it for supper. I sent him some pizza and dessert, so he wouldn't miss out on the food.

This morning, I washed up the dishes from last evening and then made my breakfast and ate it. I looked out at my beautiful yard that Carol and Daryl came over and mowed and edged for me yesterday afternoon. I appreciate them so very much for all that they do for me! I have a hole in the fence in the back yard caused by a couple of boards having come loose, and I was just going to nail some short boards and affix them to the loose boards, and Carol said, "no, Daryl will fix it for you right". I would have been perfectly happy to have repaired it like that but she said it wouldn't make them happy to do it that way. So, I said, "Okay, I'll let him fix it however he wishes." Works for me.

I met a very nice lady on the phone yesterday afternoon. She was from the Prescriptions Solutions place out in California, and she was calling to consult with me on a new prescription that my new cardiologist wrote for me. Would you believe that we talked for almost 30 minutes? Carol said, "I'll bet you didn't talk about medicine that length of time, did you?" I replied that she was right, and that I had given the lady my blog address. Carol said, "Ah ha". I told Carol that we had talked about a lot of things, and that I really enjoyed talking to her. Carol knows how much I love to talk and meet new people. That is just how I am.

Well, I have just about talked out what I have to say for right now, so this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends. More later. Bye for now.

3 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hello Ruby, it hards to get back to sleep once you're awake, I very often get up and walk around in the middle of the night,.

Have a lovely week-end;
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

aww yum! Chocolate Eclairs!! It takes me ages to get to sleep at night so I find it hard to wake up in the mornings. Though I think early morning is the best time of the day.

Lola said...

Boy, I sure could use some friendly conversation about now. I'm alone just now. Not use to it.
I do garden some & love it.
I don't have a blog I just love to read others.