Friday, October 15, 2010

Out and About

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I got out early this morning, (actually, about 9 a.m.) and went to the bank, then on to Wal-mart and had some breakfast there. I had some shopping to do, and spent about 2 hours there. I came back home and finished packing a couple of boxes of things that had belonged to Dubby that I was sending out to friends and relatives. I also put away groceries that I had purchased at the store.

Then I headed out again, went to the beauty shop to get my locks shorn, and then to send the boxes by UPS. In one of the boxes was the baby quilt that I got finished a couple of weeks ago for Mae's great-great granddaughter who is to be born next month. After I finished sending the boxes, I headed out to pick up some postage stamps, then back here to home. It was around one forty-five p.m. before I finally got home for good today. It is wonderful to be able to find my way around so well now.

Tomorrow, I go to see "To Kill a Mockingbird" live production at the Artisan theater in Hurst. I have printed off the instructions of directions to get there, and will also put it into my Magellan GPS just in case. Ha.

It seems that lately in my dreams, I am spending the night in a cemetery, because most all the people in my dreams are dead. Wonder what that means? Of course they are living in my dreams. I must be in the middle of one of the dreams of the Medium (show on television) ha ha. My mind must be reconciling to the passing of so many people in my life over the past three years. I am the last of my siblings, and I am dreaming of them as well as Dubby and others who have passed on.

Well, I have some more boxes to pack this afternoon, and I guess I better get to it. I will publish a picture of the quilt after Mae has had time to get the real thing. One day next week you will see it.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now. Congratulations to Carol for passing her test to become a full-fledged health inspector for Tarrant County! I knew you could do it, girl! You go, girl!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the theatre. I havent been for ages. One thing I would like to see is an opera. I been to the ballet once 'Swan Lake' and an opera is next on my list :o)

Julie said...

Hey Ruby. Thanks for stopping by today. I was just going to come and visit too. Perfect timing. I have a good one to tell you today. My grandma is going to South Dakota with my uncle next week. You know, she hasn't gone anywhere for about 15 years. I don't think my grandma has looked this good in years. Of course she misses grandpa but she is doing good. We still have "our" moments when we cling and cry a bit but she is moving on and doing good. Me too. Yesterday grandma gave me a fleece shirt that grandpa use to wear. I wore it yesterday and all day long hugged me thinking about grandpa. Well just wanted to stop in. I am glad to read you are doing so well. I worry about you sometimes, I just can't imagine being alone after all the years of togetherness.
Take care Ruby and thank you for checking in. Have a great and blessed weekend.

Arlee Bird said...

I often dream of friends and family who have passed on. They are usually very wonderful dreams, especially when I dream about my father. I can't really explain why I dream these either, but I usually feel very good when I wake up from one of these dreams.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Carmen Klapper said...

Hi Ruby!

First of all, I wanted to let you know that your comment on my post today meant a lot. Thank you for reading and commenting!

Secondly, I'm very sorry for all the loss you've experienced in the past few years. I can't imagine how your heart must ache. Keep letting your Holy Daddy give you comfort and peace.

Much love to you-
Carmen

www.keepingupklapper.com

Ella said...

I love how busy n' active you are~!
What a wonderful, beautiful gift to mail, a treasured heirloom someday!

I think you wish those who have passed would communicate with you~
Going through there items is a way. Memories will flood back to you and you will remember cherished moments!

There is a poem about that, being last, called "The Last Rose of Summer". You have a beautiful soul~xXx

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Have a good time at the theatre,
Hope you have a most enjoyablew week-end.

Yvonne,