Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More New Adventures!

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, it has been a busy morning...I had Bible Study at the church from 9 to 11:30 and then headed home. I stopped on the way home to UPS a package of Gramps belongings to our daughter, Teresa, and then went on to the eye doctor's office to pick up my new glamorous eyeglasses. After that, a stop at LePeep's Restaurant to have lunch, and it was yummy, but too much to eat at one time, so I have leftover for breakfast tomorrow. The menu choice I made was called "Country Bumpkin Platter" and they must have seen me coming, because that could almost describe me, except maybe Hillbilly Bumpkin would be a better choice of description. Ha ha ha.

That is certainly what I feel like in all this flatland, which inhabitants Snuffy Smith would have called "Flatland Furriners" when they came into the hills where he lived.
Anyway, I decided when I left the restaurant that I wanted to make a dry run to the new family doctor's office and see where it is before I tried to find it on November 2. Also, I had a paper that needed to be sent to my former doctor where my health records still are. I took that with me, and after some wrong turns, found the place where I needed to park and went in to the building (huge building) and while I was there I got the paperwork I would need to fill out and bring with me in a couple of weeks.

I am back home and it is just now almost 2 p.m. and I figure that is pretty good for a morning's adventures, don't you?

Now for a diatribe...have you ever seen a turnaround at an intersection where you must get into the circle and go in a counterclockwise direction to cross the road? Well, apparently the politicos (or whoever makes those decisions) in Colleyville, absolutely are enamored of turnarounds, and I absolutely hate them. Give me a four way stop anytime. I already had to use one on the way to church, and now they have been working for several months on construction of a new one that is on the same route. I had no idea that was what they were working on so diligently until I saw the finishing product this past Sunday morning. ARRRGGGGGHHH! If you have ever seen the BBC comedy called, "Keeping Up Appearances" with Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced as Bou-quet by Hyacinth), then you will have seen them doing the turnaround while driving. Ha it is funny there, but not to me doing the driving!

Just a few words about my sleeping...Actually night before last, I got nine hours sleep, and last night I got seven, and it was wonderful! I am hoping that I can soon get really settled in and get a good night's sleep every night.

Well, that is about it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More later. Bye for now.

5 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Ruby, I stay as far away from doctors as possible.

Grammy said...

Hey, Margie, I do too, but it is necessary to have established medical help if I need it. Medications are difficult to come by, too, if you don't have a doctor to write them. :)
They seem to be a necessary thing to have. Ruby

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

They say roundabouts result in fewer and less severe accidents - but I don't like them either.

Unknown said...

Down by my friend's house in VA they started putting in these really bizarre rounabouts O_0/ Sometimes I understand the reasoning behind them, but sometimes it's just weird.

Glad to hear about the good sleep! I love sleeping... -_- zzzz So good. Have a good week! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Grammy, So glad to hear you have settled in and are getting some good sleep. Your lunch sounds great and I bet you look snazzy in those new glasses. Have a good weekend.