Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Snow?

Hey, Y'all,
According to the weatherman, we may yet have some flurries in the next 24 hours, but thank you, Jesus, we are not having anything like they have had up north and in the midwest!

I went out today to send the quilt I have just finished to Teresa so that she can set eyes on it before she sends it on to her son. The wind was bitterly cold and after I stopped at the grocery store and drug store, I was glad to be back home in the warm. Believe me, I feel so blessed to have a warm house and food to eat, and clothes to wear. I know there are so many people who are without.

Monday we had our neighbors down to share supper with us. I had made homemade pizza and I had also made toll house cookies from scratch for dessert. We had a great time, as always. We played Aggravation for a while after we had cleaned the kitchen. In case you are wondering about the crust for the pizza, I just buy the dry mix in a package and make the crust that way. It is easier and I go for easy sometimes.

Yesterday, we didn't do enough to amount to anything. Nothing spectacular about the day, but, however, when I got ready to go to bed, I had begun to sneeze, and then couldn't stop even after going to bed. Finally, I got out of bed and played on my computer until about 1 a.m. I got about 4 hours of sleep and finally got up and sneezed some more. This morning, I was ready to make a good breakfast for Gramps and myself. I went into the bedroom, and Gramps was getting ready to take a shower. You see, I had mentioned to him last evening that I wanted him to shower today up during the day, so he was ready this morning.

We went ahead and got him showered, and dressed and then I made the big breakfsst for the two of us. We ate well, suffice to say, and then I got ready to go into Jefferson City to do my running around (as stated earlier in this posting). By that time, he had already gone back to bed, because after I took a couple of benedryl this morning to stop the sneezing, I had sat down on the couch and had gone to sleep. When I got up from the couch he was in bed, and I was ready to send off the package.

I have been sleepy all day, and hope I can sleep tonight. I am watching American Idol as I am posting right now. It is interesting to hear what the judges have to say.

I will be beginning two baby quilts tomorrow, for new additions being born. Allie's daughter in California just had a new baby son about a month ago, and our grandson, Andrew and wife, Julia, will be adding a baby girl to their family the last of this month.
Also, plans are in the works for quilts for our daughters. Planning takes a while, and I love doing that phase of a quilt.

Well, that is about it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Wishing our "adopted" daughter, Allie, a happy birthday today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Good bye for now, More later.

No comments: