Thursday, March 18, 2010

Some Pics Lately Taken







Hey, Y'all,
I guess you are noticing the change in the face of my blog (duh). I decided it was time to do a few changes. I also wanted to post some pictures taken over the past couple or so weeks.

This morning, Gramps was up at 4 a.m. looking for a picture of me in his album that he keeps and looks at every once in awhile. Last night when we went to bed, he was telling me how lucky he was to get me as a wife (ain't that sweet?), and that he had been looking at a picture of me. Well, he decided after getting up to use the bathroom at 4 a.m. to look for that picture to show me. After about 10 minutes of the light being on, and me trying to get back to sleep, I decided to help him look through them with him. But folks, I really wanted to get back to sleep. I convinced him to wait until later this morning, and got him back into bed, covered him up, turned off the light and crawled back into bed myself. Could I go back to sleep? Well, no, so I finally got up at 6 and came in here.

Yesterday afternoon, our pictures that were made down at our church for our new church directory came in the mail. I decided to get the CD from them and load them onto my computer. Those are the new pics that will be on my blog page each time you open it. Then I decided to edit the layout background template. Ta Da!

I have been promising to publish pics of the quilt I just finished for my grandson, BJ that I spent a year working on. (Well, I actually took 5 or 6 months off while I was too ill to work on it). You will see when you look at the pics that on one side, I put the flowers on the green squares, and the other side has the flowers on the gold squares. I hand stitched around each flower using the contrasting thread color, so that the outline of the flower would show up on the other side. The quilt measures about 90 inches on each side. Let's see, that means that there are about 8100 square inches in the whole quilt. A lot of work, yes, but he is well worth it. I am so very proud of him and love him so very much. There is nothing I would not do for any of my family and those they love. I got a really nice thank you from BJ and Christine for the quilt.

Another picture is of Mae, Imazo and me taken a couple of weeks ago. We each had bought a wonderfully comfortable jacket at Cracker Barrel the week before. Of course, the jackets were all alike. We decided to all wear them the next week when we went to eat, so when we got to Applebee's we asked the host to take our picture in the vestibule. You will know it when you see it above.

Our daughter, Teresa, had bought Gramps a gold pocket watch, so in one of the pics he is showing it off.

Another picture is of a chicken pot pie that I make sometimes when we have folks in to share supper with us. As you can see, the bowl it is in is about 12 inches in diameter, so it is plenty for seven people and always has a little left over for another meal. It is one of my most successful meals.

Today we are going in to Knoxville for our "movie day" with Mae and Imazo. We always enjoy that time with them.

Well, I need to go have breakfast and later take a shower so I can be presentable for visiting people and going out into the public arena of life. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More later. Much love to each of you. Bye for now.

6 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wow Ruby what a smashing post, I'm glad you have "My Followers" as I find it important to know when one has a new blog.
Loved the photo's also the new one of you.
Thanks for visiting lovely to hear from you.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at your pictures. The quilt is beautiful and that pot pie looks so good. YUM. I love that picture of you and Gramps. Your blog looks just great!

Grammy said...

Thanks, Ladies!

azdarlene said...

Hey Ruby, cute pic of you and Dub. You two look like teenagers in love still....hahaha!!! Like to new layout of your post.
Love you
Darlene and Mark

Teresa said...

I love the new look! You needed a change....Good for you! Love you Mom...Teresa

Clara....in TN said...

Hey, you're looking good. Love the new look and your profile picture is great. The quilt is so beautiful. You mean it is reversiable? Man, that has taken a lot of work. Who wouldn't be proud of that? I need to do something different to my blog. Maybe soon.