Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Passing of Another Dear Soul

Hey, Y'all,
A few days ago marked the passing on of another person dear to my heart, and the hearts of all who knew her. My Aunt Lil, who was married to my dad's youngest brother, was 92 and had been ill for some time. In all the years I knew her, I never heard her raise her voice to anyone. In fact, she spoke so gently and quietly, that one had to lean in close to hear what she said. Her husband, my Uncle David, passed on several years ago, and was close to the age of my oldest brother, Bill, and I know they must have played together as they were growing up. We lived quite close to them, and I guess, with them sometimes before I was born. Dad was the oldest child in his family.

Uncle David and Aunt Lil at one time operated a dog kennel for several years and raised and bred poodles, some of which became show dogs. They have several children, and grandchildren, and also great grandchildren. I know that they will all miss Aunt Lil and that she was dearly beloved of them.

This is a quiet morning here, and I have been up for some time, enjoying the quiet. I think rain is on the way, because it has been predicted, and the gloomy outside testifies to that fact. I began working on a baby quilt, using my new sewing machine. The machine has a walking foot with an attached guide for making rows of stitching on the quilt. Hopefully, my expertise will improve as I use it. (I certainly hope so!) Ha!

Yesterday was certainly a lazy day...gown and housecoat day...today has rather begun the same way. I may go back to bed this afternoon, and sleep some more. I was up at 6 a.m. this morning, and am feeling somewhat drowsy at only 10:30. Oooops! Not enough sleep I guess. I have to go help Gramps with his breakfast. Have to make the coffee and get his cereal and banana fixed for him, too. I'm hoping to chat with Teresa online today. We did chat yesterday, so she may be doing something else this morning.

Tomorrow is Monday, and I will be working on supper for us and the neighbors. That gives me something to look forward to each week. They are great fun to be with and to spend time with. For tomorrow, I am planning on having potato soup with keilbasa in it, along with tossed salads and some kind of dessert. I will be baking cornbread to go with the soup, as well.

That is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Those of you reading my blog, check out "tossing it out" on my blog list. He is quite interesting. Also, check out, "dancin' on rainbows" in my list. In fact, just give all of them a check when you can. Lovc to all of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Ruby I am so very sorry for your loss. You wrote a lovely tribute to her and I'm sure her suffering is now at an end.

I am a follower of Tossin it out but will check the other site,

Take care both of you,
God Bless.
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grammy, So sorry about your aunt. I am sure she will be missed. I am enjoying a quiet time this morning and catching up on my comments and blog reading. I know your meal will be a good one. I bet your neighbors look forward to coming to your house to eat. Have a good week.