Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where's Waldo?

Hey, ya'll. This is Grammy speakin' from her hospital room where I just realized that in the last post I failed to answer the question, "Where is Gramps? Well, the fact is, he has been living in the Big House in the Lap of Luxury with Mark and Allie. They have been giving him the best of care, treating him like the King he is! He has his own little sunroom to watch TV in, he has a path from his bedroom to his bathroom to his TV screening room, to the kitchen, and to the screened-in back porch where he can watch the animals frolic in the woods (if they should choose to come out). (I think he said a racoon came out and tipped his hat to him the other day, and told him to watch out for the bears.) I talked to him yesterday, and he told me they were treating him really good, but when was I getting better and coming home?

Mark and Allie's daughter, Rachel, sometimes comes and spends part of the day with him, and she tells me they have a really good time. I really appreciate Mark and Allie taking such good of Gramps. They do it from a sense of love, not duty....how blessed we both are!

It has been wonderful to have Carol here with me, looking out for me, and spending time with me. I continue to thank you all for your love and your prayers on our behalf. It was good to talk to my grandson, Daniel ( Whitney was around, too) today, and had the pleasure of hearing my Illinois great grandchildren talking.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the second time today. I'll talk to you after the procedure tomorrow. Bye for now!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my goodness! I miss out on a few days blogging and you go and have a major surgery! I was shocked to death when I read this. You look good in the picture to me. I am so glad you are doing o.k. and may get to come home soon. I am sure Gramps misses you terribly. So glad you are able to blog to us again. Please take care and know that I am praying for you both and will check back more often. I have babysat my two year old grandson for the past few days and feel like I had surgery, too, but loved having him! Hugs and love to you.

Barbara said...

I am so glad you are feeling a little better.
Each day now you should improve a little more.Maybe you can get home soon. have a good day.

Clara....in TN said...

Oh my goodness. I have been away from my computer for a while. I had both of the grand boys last week. I took them home yesterday. What did you have done besides the gall bladder? I thought you would be back home by now. I will keep saying prayers for you Grammy. Hope you are feeling better today.

Whitney said...

We are praying for you and your doctors! Hang in there! Miss you and love you!

Love,
Whitney and gang