Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home At Last

Hey, Y'all,
Little did I dream when I left my little home here in New Market almost 4 weeks ago, that I would be away and so sick for so long. Were it not for the prayers and kind help of so many people, I truly believe I would not be here now, but probably six feet under in my resting place.I know now it was not yet meant to be. God is Good, isn't He? I am so blessed and so thankful!

Two weeks under the care of my daughter, Teresa, certainly had no little part in my recovery. Her sweetie pie husband, Tom, brought me the four and a half hour drive from Madison, Alabama yesterday morning, and then he turned around after chatting with my neighbors, Scott and Laurie and did his return trip to his home.

Needless to say, I was quite exhausted, but knew I had to go a few places before I could sit down to rest. I got into my little red car, and headed to the post office to rescind my request to have my mail forwarded to Teresa and Tom's and got there just at the right time to stop the process. Then I headed on up to have a bite of food (or two) and then to the grocery store to pick up some items. When I got back home, Scott carried in the groceries and put them away for me, with the promise that Laurie would be down later with Olivia to clean out the old stuff from my fridge.

I then proceeded into the bedroom where I changed into my gown and crawled into bed for a rest. I don't think I went to sleep, but I did rest. I called a few people to let them know I was back, then I got up and began the task of putting some of the things away that I brought home with me. What a chore! It is still unfinished this morning, but I will "get a round tuit". ha.

Laurie and Olivia came down around 7 p.m. and cleaned the fridge, put away clean dishes and did what was in the sink.

I called Gramps at around 8 p.m. and he told me he had skipped supper because he was afraid he would miss my call. I told him that I always call long after supper is over, and please not to skip supper anymore. I told him if I missed him, I would always call until I reached him. He said "okay."

My rest last night was not really great because I had some pain after I woke up around 2 a.m.I guess I am going to have to expect some of that as I go along. But at least I did get a few hours sleep.

I opened all my piled up mail this morning, and of course, it was mostly bills and junk mail. There were a couple of cards (one of them being a really cute card from granddaughter, Emily, with 2 badgers on it.) It was a knock-knock joke that was punny. She knows how much I enjoy puns (as does her dad, Daryl). The joke went:
KNOCK! KNOCK! Who's there? TWO BADGERS. Two badgers who? (Inside : TWO BADGERS SICK!) Cute, huh? right down my alley. Thank you, Miss EM!

Well, I am going to go into the living room in a bit and rock in my new rocking chair that I had intended to use in recuperating from my surgery in Knoxville. I may even nap awhile as I am rocking. Who knows.

My cardiologist in Knoxville called me yesterday as I was on the way home from Alabama and told me he was quite pleased with the blood work that was done at the clinic on Wednesday when I went to get my staples removed. One of these days, I am going to count the staple holes, because I would like to know how many there were.
(Inquiring minds want to know,don't you think so?) I have one of those inquiring minds. Keeps me alert, don't you know?

Well, I know Mark and Allie will be over later today after they finish with their yard sale to get all the stuff cleared out of their old home. What is left over this afternoon will go to Appalachian Outreach program,which provides goods to needy families.

That is about it for right now, I feel like I am about to go to sleep or something. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Love to you all. More tomorrow. Bye for now.


Barbara said...

Oh Ruby,I am so glad you are home.
I hope you get a lot of rest while you are waiting to bring Gramps home. I am so excited for you, hang in there. Love Barbara TN said...

Welcome Home. I am excited for you! It sounds like you are doing good, Don't over do it! You are not healded completely by any means. Rest, rest and then rest some more.....:-) I will be keeping in touch. Sending hugs....Clara TN said...

My spelling isn't too good this morning. I meant to say "healed". :-) clara

Serbian Mink said...

Gwammee, be kind to yer badself and take it easy while you have no Dub duties for a couple of weeks. i'll expect to be jogging with ya next fall when Vern and I visit!
Besos y abrazos,
V y A

Judy said...

Glad to know you are back in familiar surroundings in your home. Don't overdo trying to catch up on just stuff that can wait to be done. Get lots of rest and take care of yourself. Love, Judy