Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Hey, Y'all,

A difficult part of this whole process is being away from my Sweetie Pie for so long. I know he is missing me as well. This is the longest we have ever been away from one another in our married life. We were away from each other when Hurricane Ivan swept through Florida in 2004. I was in the hospital for two weeks and they (Gramps, Tom and Teresa) had to take off for Georgia when Ivan hit).

Today is Father's Day, and Gramps is in assisted living and I am here in Terese's 'assisted living'. We are both being well taken care of and are old enough to know that someitmes, you just gotta go with the flow.

I worte him a letter this morning (the first I can remember writing to him, ever) and I know he will be pleased to get it. I enclosed a copy of the picture that heads up my blog posting today. Teresa took the picture yesterday to record my progress visually. It was the first time I had anything on other than a gown during the day for the past 3 weeks. It was good to get into daytime wear again.

Getting ready for church on Sunday morning has always been a big deal with Gramps on Saturday evening. He always gets his clothes laid out on Saturday evening in preparation for Sunday. I called him last evening at the usual time of his 8 p.m. and he told me he had taken a shower and that there was water in the bathroom floor. I asked him if he had paged for them to get the water up out of the floor and he said he didn't know where the pager button that he is supposed to wear around his neck was. He had apparently taken it off to shower. As you may know, he was not supposed to take a shower unassisted. I told him to be sure his socks were dry and go ahead and finish getting ready for bed and I would call the desk and get help for him to get the floor dried.

I called the desk and finally got through and they said, "Oh, dear" but said they would take care of it. I hope they emphasized to him that he was not to take the "button" from around his neck. Just one of those things about adjusting to life in assisted living. I will talk to him this evening and see how that all went down.

I hope he enjoyed the services this morning. He loves to dress up and look sharp.

Well, life is progressing slowly here, but not much in the way of news. Teresa goes back to work at her office tomorrow, and I will be here kind of skating through the day by myself. It has been wonderful to have time to spend with her each day. I look forward to really feeling like it over the next 3 weeks.

That's about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you. Bye for now.


Serbian Mink said...

you look real purty in red....good to see you in some fine threads!

how sweet to write Dubby a letter! he will be soooo pleased to read it and see yer pic.

praying for perpetual progress with ya.
mink TN said...

You are so pretty! I know Gramps misses you as much as you miss him. Take care of yourself now, and I will be checking in again soon!

Grammy said...

Thanks to both of you! I appreciate all encouraging words and wishes sent my way.
Love you all.

Judy said...

You look better in every picture you post and you do look great in that red dress. I know it must be hard on both of you without seeing each other. I bet he was so excited to get your letter. Take care. love, Judy