Well, howdy - I can't believe it is all over, but there you have it - we have finished the Z entry, and what a journey it was! I loved every minute of it. Here are my answers to the proposed questions that Arlee gave us to kind of give us focus on the evaluation.
1) What attracted me to the A to Z Challenge? Well, now, folks, anyone who really knows me would say that the word 'challenge' will almost always get my attention. I play games on the computer that I have a tough time winning. Sometimes I never win, but it doesn't stop me from trying. All I have to hear from anyone is "you can't do that" and off I go, and as my mom would have said, "Ruby, you would do it or bust a gut trying." ha.
2) Did I feel intimidated by the Challenge? Naw, not by any means. I have been reading for 70 years and have stored up a lot of language skills (sorry, I don't mean to sound conceited, but truth is truth). Just stating the facts, man. I love words.
3) Did I ever feel like quitting? What kept me going? Not a chance! Never say die - that's me. Just ask my daughters and they will tell you.
4) What did I think was my greatest contribution? Hmmm. Maybe humor and variety of subjects.
5) In finishing this challenge, do I think I might be more apt to try other blogging or writing challenges? I don't know...it depends on what the subject matter or style of challenge it is (or they are).
6) Did I feel like I had done my best in this challenge? What could you have done better? I feel like I did the best with what I had. Perhaps I could have personalized my replies to people's comments more. I am more inclined to do the scattershot method of replies since most people write very similar comments, so I just reply in general rather than specifically. I do reply thinking about what each person has commented. I am rather new at getting a lot of comments. What a pleasant new thing that is! Thank all of you!
7) What did I learn from it? Well, for one thing, I learned a lot about different areas of the world from the variety of fellow bloggers that are connected with me. It is wonderful! I found a lot of people have much in common regardless of where they live or what they do for a living. I discovered many different styles in the way people express their thoughts, their dreams and their everyday lives. I also discovered that many are professional writers. Wow! I have been in touch with people that have authored books and are going to have books published. I have made friends that I know are going to be in touch often with me, and I with them. I have found many new people to love. I am blessed. I have discovered fellow believers with whom I have many common threads. I am indeed blessed.
8) Will I be blogging any more often now than I used to? Well, actually, I am not far away from 500 postings. I have been blogging for almost 23 months, so I believe I have posted most days except for last summer when I was so very ill I didn't much care if I posted much or not. I praise God that He healed me to where I am today. I do thank all those who prayed for me and that continue to do so.
That's all she wrote folks.. (old expression meaning 'I'm through for right now')
This is Blabbin' Grammy's evaluation of the A to Z Challenge. Bye for now. More later. Much love to each of you, my friends.