Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Out of the Hosptial Tomorrow, I Think

Hey, Y'all,
I spoke with the doctor this afternoon (a very lovely lady, by the way, and a good doctor). She told me that Gramps has only 10 percent use of his gall bladder, but is not recommending surgery because of his age and medical and mental condition. I told her that he and I had discussed it and he had ixnayed it, too.

They disconnected his IV today and also unplugged the Foley (that made him happy, ha ha) but I can't get him to drink a lot of water like he should. They won't let him leave the hospital until he can perform well enough in producing water on his own.

I am quite tired this evening, although I have not done very much today. I have some interesting television to watch this evening (American Idol for one). Sunday night I watched the last episode of Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice and then dreamed that he had given me a beautiful fur coat that for some reason I couldn't wear. Ha! Just my luck, even in my dreams I can't win.

I told Gramps today that we would possibly be going to Texas for a while in a couple of months. It didn't seem to phase him though. We are looking about buying a house out there so we can be closer to one of our children and our grand and great grand children. I am beginning to be somewhat excited about it. I haven't yet told my family in Knoxville because I want it to be more a done deal before I do that. I really hate leaving them and I dread telling them, you know. But, life changes for all of us as we live.

Well, I gotta get a few things done before I go to bed this evening. Somehow, My Get UP and Go has done got up and gone. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More tomorrow. Much love and many thanks to each of you, my friends out in blogland. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ruby, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Just enjoy Idol tonight and be ready for Dub to come home tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

May God continue to guide you Grammy. And may He continue to give you the strength you need to care for Gramps and prepare for your move and all that a new life will bring to you.
Hugs,
Deb

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Great news that Gramps is almost well enough to leave hospital.
Exciting news on your impending move, I would like to return to Spain but would miss the grandchildren, we shall have to see what happens,

Take care.
Yvonne.