Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Movie Day

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I decided it was time for a movie day with Mae and Imazo. I had not seen them since I was in the hospital in Knoxville over 3 weeks ago. So I called them the other day and set it up. This morning I got up and took my medication and my shower, then had my breakfast of cereal. I took my morning sashay around the perimeter of my nearly acre yard, and then came in and cleaned the kitchen.

Around noon, I left here and headed into Knoxville. When I got to Mae's house, I got out of my little red car and went in to say howdy to Mae and hug her. Then we left for Imazo's and after hugging her, we all got into the car and headed to the Cracker Barrel for lunch. I ordered the spicy grilled catfish (one of my favorite meals there) and ordered the green beans and hashbrown casserole as the two sides and surprised myself by eating half of the dinner. I brought the rest of it home for dinner tomorrow.

We enjoyed our lunch together and went back to Imazo's for the movie. I brought one back from Teresa's for us to watch called, "Heart and Souls" and they really enjoyed it. I knew they would, because I had watched it in Alabama and enjoyed it tremendously. I enjoyed seeing it a second time. After the movie was over, we sat and chatted awhile, then talked to Darlene in Arizona. It was really good to talk to her.

I am sitting here enjoying a Dannon Yogurt as a snack. I may have a sandwich of some kind after while. A card came today for Gramps from our grandson, Andrew, but I don't know how to get it to him, perhaps I can get my neighbor to take it to him, since I don't want him to know I am home yet. Yeah, that is a great idea. Just talking about it helped give me an idea. That way, he won't have to wait until I bring him home to get it to him.

Well, I am hoping I will sleep well tonight (hope springs eternal in the human heart).
It would be great to get one good night's sleep. During the day, I have this little nagging cough which just comes on me, and at night there is the pain from my incision. (whine, whine). I know it has to get better eventually, doesn't it?

On Tuesday of next week, I go see my cardiologist at UT Medical Center and on Wednesday, I see my family doctor. I am sure they will both be pleased to see that I survived the Great Ordeal. ha. They both really care about me, I know.

My neighbors came to visit me for awhile last evening. It is always good to see them, and they are great encouragers. I am looking forward to talking to Gramps each evening. He should have gotten my letter with my picture in it today. Hopefully, it made him happy. We do not find a lot to talk about, and I have to think of questions to ask him without making it sound like The Great Inquisition, if you know what I mean.

Well, that is about it today from Blabbin' Grammy. So I am signing off for today. More tomorrow. Love to you all. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Ruby, so good to know you were able to go into Knoxville today.
Imazo told me this morn.that you were coming.Glad you are doing better.I hope you get a GOOD night's rest. By for now.

Clara....in TN said...

I'm happy you are able to get out and go. That is essential in recuperating.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hi Ruby so pleased you are recovering well,
Have a happy 4th of July.
Take care.
Yvonne.

azdarlene said...

Happy 4th of July. Glad to hear you went to Knoxville on Thursday.
Thank you for calling me, it is always a pleasure to talk to you and Imazo. Tell Mae hi for me, I forgot to ask about her like I always do.
Hope you are felling alot better getting the rest you need.
Love you,
Darlene and Mark