Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to Vanderbilt Tomorrow

Hey, Y'all,
Tomorrow morning at 5 a.m., my neighbor, Scott, will be coming down the hill to drive me to Vanderbilt to have a CT scan and then to see my doctor, who will look at the scan and tell me if I can get the drains removed and be "drain-free". We have to leave early because my first appointment is at 9 a.m. Central time and, of course, we are on Eastern time. The clinic sent me directions and a map, plus he will have his GPS.

It has been quite an experience carrying around my little buddy, "Cordelia" attached to my clothing. I am hoping I can leave her there. My side is quite tender to the touch where the drain is inserted (you could even say sore).

Yesterday was very quiet here. I did have a friend come in and vacuum my house for me, because (I am embarrassed to say) it had not been vacuumed in nearly 2 months. What with my illness, there was no way I could do it because the vacuum is so heavy. The floor does look good again. Thank you, friend!

Do you have problems swallowing huge pills? I just got a new prescription for potassium tablets and they are huge. I may take them back and exchange them for smaller (day after tomorrow).

Today, I took my car in to Morristown to the dealer to have it serviced, and stopped and filled it up with gas, so it is ready to go when Scott gets here. Hopefully we won't run into a lot of traffic because I just got a call from the facility that is doing the scan and they said to be there 20 minutes early. How's that for a kick in the shins?

I am feeling a little stronger every day, and still dealing with some edema because they stopped my lasix when I was in the hospital and filled me with that saline drip. I am hoping to eventually get that out of my system. My appetite is improving a little and am hoping I will soon be able to eat without thinking of how the food tastes. (or doesn't).

I am looking forward to seeing my folks from Texas with their two oldest grandchildren. Carol and Daryl (daughter and son-in-law) with Hannah and Austin.

Well, that is about it from Blabbin' Grammy tonight. Love to each of you and thank you for your support. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again, I hope you get good news tomorrow. when is your family coming in? That will be lots of fun. have a good and safe trip tomorrow

Barbara said...

I hope also that you get rid of those tubes, They have to be a pain//I know you are anxious for your daughter and family to get there to visit awhile,Good luck today with your Dr. visit.
Love Barbara

Clara....in TN said...

Have a safe trip and I hope you get a good report from the Doctor and you can kiss Cordiela goodbye. Thanks for letting us know what's happening! Love, Clara