Friday, July 24, 2009

A Few Pictures







Hey, Y'all,
Our daughter/husband, and two oldest "greats" arrived yesterday afternoon and our home was filled with sounds of childrens' voices and how very nice it was! Hannah and Austin were telling us about how they had seen Lincoln's birthplace and then gone on to see the Mammoth Cave. Austin told how he asked if he could turn out the lights in the cave, and was allowed to turn some of them off, then the guard turned off the rest of them and how very dark it was.

They each had a bouncy ball and had a lot of fun bouncing and doing "tricks" with them. I had forgotten what fun children can be. They all had lunch and a few minutes later the kids were in the living room where they had placed their back packs and sleeping bags. Hannah (8) had her drawing materials, and Austin (6), had his Lincoln logs and they were soon occupied with those.

Later in the afternoon, the kids got into their swim suits and we loaded everyone up in the cars, and Daryl took the kids and headed to the Wal-mart to pick up a beach ball and fun stuff for the kids to play with. Carol and I headed up to Morristown to pick up Gramps for the afternoon. Needless to say, he was pleased to see us and ready to go do whatever. By the time we reached Cherokee Lake, Daryl, Hannah, and Austin were already there and in the water. Carol had brought our folding chairs, so Gramps and I sat in the shade and watched them play and swim. They are both on the swim team and swim like little fish. (no fins or gills though.ha)

After about an hour at the lake, we went to supper at Applebee's in Morristown, and enjoyed our time together, and then it was time to leave and I took Gramps back to the Terrace Estates and then motored on home. What a lovely day it was! They are headed to the Smoky Mountains today, and the children are excited about seeing a waterfall. I hope they have a wonderful time. They invited me along for the ride, but I said, "I reckon not". I know I will be more comfortable here.

This evening we go into Knoxville and have supper with family there. (Probably at the Cracker Barrel). Well, that is about it for right now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off. I look forward to a visit in October from Daniel, Whitney and their four children. By that time I hope and expect to be fully recovered and back to my sassy, feisty self. That's it for now. More later. Love to all of you.

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

You're looking good! Did Gramps mind going back to the place he is staying? I would have had to knock my husband out and put handcuffs on him.

Barbara said...

Hi Ruby, I know you must be so thrilled to have company. And it sounds like you are feeling better, to get rid of one tube is good, maybe the other one will be out soon,two weeks won't seem so long I guess after what you have been through. well good evening.
Love Barbara