Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Morning Early

Hey, Y'all,
Here it is early on Sunday morning and it looks like a busy day coming up for the Bennett clan out here in Texas. First Sunday school and then church services, and out for a quick bite of lunch. Following that is a church wide shower for youngest child, Emily, who is getting married in 13 days, to a really nice young man named Ben. I got to meet his parents yesterday evening at Carol and Daryl's home, where they are staying until Monday. Todd and Marlene are lovely people and it is easy to see why Ben is such a sweetie. We all had supper there and then visited for awhile.

Also at the supper were Matt and Amy, Julia and the two babies, Brooke and Alyssa. Of course, Emily and Ben were there as well. We had a really fun time talking, visiting and playing with nearly two year old Alyssa.

When I arrived there yesterday evening, Marlene, Todd, and Ben were helping Emily make tulle and ribbon bows for the wedding to place on pews in the church sanctuary. What a lot of work goes into a wedding preparation! Emily has done the major portion of the work and I am sure it will be a beautiful occasion! I look forward to it. Fortunately, the only thing I will have to do is to show up for it, thank goodness! There are times that it is really wonderful being of an age that you can escape work. Ha.

Well, there is not a lot to tell right now, because things are kind of moving along at a slow pace for me. I am in the midst of learning Farmville, but I will continue reading, commenting and posting my blog. I so much appreciate all the support I have gotten and am getting from my fellow readers and bloggers. Teresa will begin her chemotherapy on Friday after having a port put in for it on Wednesday. Please continue to lift her and Tom up in prayer through the coming weeks and months. I know it is going to be difficult for them and for those of us who love them.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. More later. Much love to each of you, my good friends. Bye for now.


6 comments:

Jan said...

So good to hear from your. Remember the two rules are:
1. breathe
2. slow down

Anything is gravy!

unnamed lad said...

good morning, Ruby!:)

you and i are both early birds, obviously. equally as much...we both lean towards being "night owls" as well, i think. you are doing so well in Texas. our Father is taking care of you. have a wonderful day, sister and keep the great work in your smile ministry. your posts recently sure make me smile!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Know that Teresa is in good hands.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Good day Ruby hope your daughter goes along just fine,
Did you see the award I did for you? it's on a post entitled Award time.

Have a lovely Sunday and take care.
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

I will keep your Teresa and Tom in my prayers. I have a sister that is totally hooked on Farmville. Every time I look on her page she has just clobbered something. lol. I hope you have a good week.

Arlee Bird said...

Sounds like you have really gotten settled in to your new home. Why, reading these posts one might never have known you'd left Tennessee if you hadn't have said so.

Don't get lost in Farmville. I started a farm quite a while back, but never visit it. Last time I was there all the crops had died and my animals had escaped. I've just never been able to get into the game.

Lee
Tossing It Out