Monday, August 9, 2010

Gettin' Used To

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I had lunch today with Carol at Mooyah's, which is a hamburger/fries place, and was fun getting out and about. I drove with Carol directing me, and learned a little bit more about my living area. I have met some more neighbors, who are going to be living next door and seem to be a really nice couple, whose children are all grown and out of house. They bought the house that was up for sale at the same time mine was.

I have been ankle deep in paperwork today, trying to make sense of all the changes taking place, and it seems to be coming together, hopefully before I come apart (ha ha) just kidding. Carol has helped with a great deal of it all, and is still giving assistance. Most of it has happened due to the passing of my Sweetie Pie, complicated, of course, by the new address.

I have learned where the nearest post office is, and also most of the places to shop (very important, you know), but haven't been to many of them yet. New decor provides needs for shopping, along with groceries as I need them. There is still a lot of unpacking to do, which I will pursue on the morrow. I am here at Carol's right now, using her computer to pay bills and blog. Yeah!

It will be next week sometime before I get my own computer set up, but as long as I can use this one here, that works for me.

Well, not much else to say today. I did get to try out my new dishwasher this morning and it seems to be doing okay. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family out there in Blogland. Bye for now. More later.

8 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Lovely to hear from you Ruby and that you're finding your feet.

Take care.
Yvonne.

Jan said...

You are amazing! Keep it up.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just keep us updated, Ruby!

Margie's Musings said...

You seem to be doing well, Ruby. I know it's hard to get used to being alone.

Anonymous said...

You will have to find Walmart and Cracker Barrel! Glad to hear you are getting out and also getting settled. Sounds like you are going to have some good neighbors, too.

Anonymous said...

You will have to find Walmart and Cracker Barrel! Glad to hear you are getting out and also getting settled. Sounds like you are going to have some good neighbors, too.

azdarlene said...

Ruby, you are doing good. I know the paperwork never ends and when you think you have it all done, there is one that will always pop up....hahaha!!! As long as you can find a WallyWorld and Cracker Barrel you are good. I know you will make friends no matter where you go.
Love you,

Arlee Bird said...

Sounds like you're really getting settled in there. You've done more in a few days than I've done in several years. Maybe I need to move.

Lee
Tossing It Out